The Man In A Mask

On a hill overlooking the Spartan camp that was stationed outside the burning city of Athens was a man wearing a mask resembling Zeus, the Greek God of Thunder. Holding a bow in one hand, he grabs a couple of arrows. He steps out from a tree and manages to shoot and kill three Spartans that were on patrol outside Leonidas' tent from about a hundred feet away.

   The masked man spints down the hill and towards the tent. He jumps in and shoots three of the four Persian guards inside the tent. Stelios jumps to his feet while drawing his sword while Leonidas stayed in his sitting positon.

   "What is going on here?" Leonidas asked curiously.

   "Just picking off your men like flies your majesty." The masked man replied,

   "You're dead!" Stelios said.

   The masked man put an arrow to his bow with unimaginable speed and pointed it towards the Spartan.

   "I wouldn't do that my friend."

   "What do you want?" Leonidas asked,

   "Only to serve in my king's army." The masked man bowed. "And trust me, you want me on your side."

   "And why is that?" Stelios asked.

   "Because I have Hades Fire."

   "And what is Hades Fire?" Leonidas asked with a smile.

   The masked man pulls out a softball sized cannister from his pocket and opens it. All Leonidas, Stelios and the Persian guard saw a black substance. The masked man saw the confused looks of the people before him and laughed. He then dips an arrow in the black substance, preps it in the bow points it at the Persian guard.

   "Your majesty do I have permission to shoot your guard?" The masked man asked.

   "Yes." Leonidas said.

   "What your majesty I don-"

   I said he could!" Interrupted Leonidas.

   "Take off your shirt." The masked man said.

   The guard looked at Stelios. "Do it!" The Spartan yelled.

   The guard hesitantly took off his shirt and looked at the strange man that was pointing a bow at him. The masked man saw the look of sheer terror on the guard's face.

   "Don't worry, you won't die. But it will hurt. A lot."

   The masked man shot the arrow at the guard's chest, and the guard was thrown to the ground. The skin on the guard's face started to disintergrate away right before their eyes. The guard screamed in horrific pain and died a slow, and painful death.

   "You said he wouldn't die." Stelios laughed.

   "Poor people tell their children they'll be king one day, and just like those people, I lied."

   "So what do you want again?" Leonidas asked.

   "To serve in your army, oh and a palace, power, women, and all the gold I want for the use of my weapon."

   Leonidas let out a big, and devious smile. "Done."