22. Containment

Liam's POV

I dont know how things lead up to this exact moment, in no way did i see this coming, i did not want this to happen. I did everything i could, i did everything right.. what went wrong?

I was deep into my thoughts until i heard her start to wake up. I quickly looked up. She was a mess, scared, confused. Her mind still trying to piece things together. Yet still she was beautiful. I don't possibly know where things are gonna go from here.

I think that if she just hears me out she'll understand that everything i have done was for a reason, i've done nothing wrong, i was just trying to protect us.

She suddenly gets up and starts banging on the walls.

"Please.. Stop. That isn't going to help you." I say in a calm voice.

"What the hell liam. Why do you have me in a huge f*cking cage, why do you even have a cage you f*cking psycho!" She yells at me. I really want to keep this conversation calm so that she can try to understand.

"Chill out, this is an old storage compartment, the Zoo used to own it. Thats why there is a cage." I say, this is not what i wanted to talk about.

She puts her hands on her head as if the past events have finally caught up to her.

Tears start to form in her eyes. "You.. you killed alex, and justin..and sabrina!" She yells while she starts crying.

"Please don't cry, you have to understand how much they were complicated things. I wanted us to be happy and they made is so difficult. They had to be removed from our lives." I try to reason with her.

"You're crazy! You killed them! Let me out!" She bangs on the walls of the cage again.

She stops and looks at me

"Are you gonna kill me..?" She says quietly while tears still fall from her face.

"Darling, i would never hurt you, i love you. Everything i've done was for you" i say quietly.

"You killed 3 people for me." She says while her voice rises.

"Your the campus serial killer! You're crazy" She yells.

I close my eyes at her. They hurt. They make me mad. Im so angry that she doesn't understand.

"Im not a serial killer.. i did what had to be done in order for us to work. I did it for you! If anything these deaths are your fault." I say while raising my voice.

She backs away. More tears start to form as she backs against the wall of the cage and slides down crying.

This is definitely not what i wanted to happen. I wanted to talk, try and reason with her but she made me mad.

I sigh and look down.

"Im going to go get you some food to eat." I say in a gentle voice. She doesn't reply. Just sits there. I take that as a note and leave the room.

Darling, What am i supposed to do to make it better? To make you understand?