CHAPTER 39

Chanel's POV

I looked outside the window and watched the clouds from here.

Any time by now, the plane will land.

My gaze shifted to the picture of us. Ilang oras ko pa lang syang di nakakasama pero sobra ko na agad syang namimiss.

I told him not to come to the airport, that way, we won't find it difficult to bid our goodbye but just when I'm about to walk my way, I heard him shouting my name.

-----

"AVERY!" I looked back and I saw him running towards me.

"John---" hindi ko na natuloy ang sasabihin ko dahil yinakap na nya ako nang mahigpit.

His embrace feels different now, it's like he's not yet ready to let me go.

"I'm sorry if I broke my promise. I told you I won't come but I just want to see you and give you this."

He handed me a small box and just when I'm about to open it, he stopped me.

"Open it whenever you miss me. In that way, even when we're on the other side of the world, it'll feel like we're still together."

I looked at the box and hold onto it tightly.

"I will." I smiled.

He put his forehead onto mine and I closed my eyes. I caressed his face because I know, I'll never get to touch him again for a long time.

"Promise me you'll take care of yourself." he whispered.

"I promise."

He cupped my face and kissed me softly.

Muling tinawag ang flight number ko kaya kumalas na kami sa isa't isa.

"Have a safe flight, bal."

"I'll miss you."

"I'll miss you too."

Kinuha ko na ang mga maleta ko and waved goodbye. I turned my heel and started walking away from him.

"Don't overwork! I swear I'll go to you if you didn't take care of yourself!" I heard him shouted.

I smiled to myself.

-----

Pagkarating ko sa States ay dumiretso na ako sa apartment na binili nina Mommy para sakin. It's fully furnished na.

Guess my parents really took care of everything.