holding on to tonight

"Hey," I walked up to Jaden's locker right before lunch. His friends Bryce and I think Josh were there too. They shot me glared except Jaden who smiled softly.

"What's up?" He stuffed his hands in his pockets. "Thank you for that earlier." I said softly. "No problem we gotta help each other. I saw so I did something." He shrugged.

"Are you okay now though?" He rose his eyebrow. "Yeah, as good as it'll get it." I laughed softly. "I'll catch you later." I turned to walk away. "Hey Colton?" He called my name. "Yep?" I turned my head over my shoulder.

"What you did Wednesday, badass." He smirked. I nodded with a smile heading to my car.

As soon as I stepped out of the school I spotted Dixie by my car. She was on her phone as I approached. "You know," She visibly jumped. "If someone were to kidnap you, you wouldn't even know." I laughed softly as she swatted my shoulder.

"Don't do that!" She giggled bringing me into a hug. "How was your day?" I asked wrapping my arms around her. "Nothing special," She shook her head. "I was just waiting on lunchtime so we could leave." She smiled.

"Actually same." I didn't want tell her what actually happened because then she would worry and frankly I don't want to talk about the origin of it.

"Ready to go?" I rose my eyebrow. She nodded with a smile. I moved to open the passenger door for her kissing her on the cheek as she got in.

She pulled me down kissing me softly. I moaned quietly against her lips leaning forward to caress her cheek. She broke the kiss with a smirk gracing her face. "I'm so horny but Mother Nature is cockblocking me so hard right now." She groaned.

"You and me both baby." I sighed standing to close her door. I got in on my side and pulled out of the school parking lot.

"How come you never mention your period?" Dixie asked. I laughed softly. "That's a weird thing to ask babe." I placed my hand on her thigh.

"Yeah but it's a genuine question." She shrugged. I smiled. "I've been on birth control since like ninth grade." I answered. "Birth control, babe you're a lesbian." She giggled. I scoffed playfully. "And that's a stereotype."

"But true! Being gay is the biggest birth control!" She said. "And that is also true but birth control regulates my period and plus I used to get monster cramps and headaches so my mom being the doctor she is started me on it." I told her.

"What type of doctor is your mom?" She followed up. "A neurosurgeon, but she's also a general surgeon." I said pulling into my uncles restaurant.

"So before we go in, I want to let you in on something." I turned to her. Dixie rose her eyebrow. "My uncle wants to meet you officially but don't worry my aunt is coming too." I smiled. "Ok, was there something important to know?" She giggled.

I rolled my eyes playfully. "Shut up." I laughed stealing a kiss from her.

"Let's go!" I opened my car door.

♾♾♾

"Colty!" Carson ran into my arms. "Hi bubba!" I picked him up. "What are you doing here?" I asked him as I kissed his head. "Daddy says the teachers are going to school but not us." He told me.

"Well that's cool for you. I have somebody that you wanted to meet." I told him softly.

"Dixie?" He gasped. I nodded turning us so he could see her. "She's pretty!" He told me in my ear but he hasn't mastered the art of whispering yet.

"Aw that's so cute!" Dixie blushed. "She thinks I'm cute!" He smiled as I laughed loudly. "Alright cool it lover boy shes mine." I teased as I started walking to my booth.