Chapter 2

I convinced Darry that I could go to "the store" so I could go on the date. I already told Pony and Johnny where the date was, in case he thought of kidnapping me.
I put on my purple argyle vest over my tucked in white shirt, I put on my baggy jeans and matched my outfit with my dirty white converse. Honestly, for a greaser I dress good.

Lee picked me up wearing his favorite v neck sweater over a white turtle neck

Lee picked me up wearing his favorite v neck sweater over a white turtle neck. He was wearing Levi jeans that were cuffed at the ends. His hair was not greasy at all like my gang. I wasn't really used to that but I liked it.

 I wasn't really used to that but I liked it

It all happened so quick. I went from having nobody to going on a date with a soc. This couldn't be good.
Lee had took me all around the West side. First, he took me down to a park. It was truly beautiful. After that, he took me to a beach not that far away from my home. Maybe I could show the gang the beach sometime. I sat on the concrete blocks as I watched the waves flow smoothly. The sun sent looked so beautiful. It was pink, orange. I looked back at Lee and realized he was staring at me. I got self conscious and tried overnight up. Lee softly took my arms away from my face.
"Don't worry. I was just admiring how beautiful you are." That made me blush hard. Everything Lee had did, made me forget about Johnny. I hadn't realized that I saw a familiar dark teal car was parked just two spaces away from Lee's mustang. He pulled me in closer but before I could do anything, I was staring besides Lee's shoulder, and Pony, Two bit and Johnny were staring right at me. I pushed Lee back away softly. He must've saw me staring because he looked right behind him. He immediately jumped up and pulled out his switch blade. Two bit also had his switch blade, but his was way sharper and longer. Lee felt intimidated by it. Johnny wasn't one to cry, but I definitely felt bad after going in the date. Johnny wasn't made, he was just hurt. Hurt that his friend betrayed him.
"I'm sorry those BUMS had to ruin our date." Lee slyly said. I nodded with sympathy. He pulled me back into his mustang and he dropped me off at home. When I got inside, the whole gang was in the living room, again.

~-~-~-~-~

Darry stood up.
"Where the hell have you been? Do you know what time it is? It's 10 o'clock kiddo." I hadn't realized that I've been gone for 4 whole hours with Lee. Darry doesn't yell at me much when the gang is here, so I was caught off guard. I walked past Darry and tried getting to my room but Soda was standing in the doorway.
"Cmon Soda let me in!" I tried pushing Soda out of the way but he wouldn't budge. Darry turned me around.
"I can't even call the cops because you three would be thrown into foster care so fast it'll make your head spin."
"Look I didn't mean to-"
"I didn't mean THATS ALL I EVER HEAR FROM YOU"
By that time, Soda was getting a bit scared.
"Cmon Darrel she didn't mean t-"
"Shut up! I'm sick and tired of you always defending her and Pony"
"Don't you yell at him!" I was trying to protect Soda, after all, he is my twin.
When Darry turned around I expected him to yell some more but he pushed me hard in the ground. Before I could think, I ran out the door. Soda tried grabbing me but it was no use. I was long gone.

~-~-~-~-~

I headed to my local park. It could probably calm me down and I could sneak through my bedroom window. I sat down on a bench. I was nervous outside, especially when I'm alone. I held my switch blade nice and firmly in my hand. Someone tapped my shoulder softly.
"W-who's there? I got a b-blade and I'm not a-afraid to use i-it!" I looked behind me, frightened but it was...Johnny cake.
"You scared the tar outta me Johnny!"
Johnny was alone, no two bit or Pony.
"Sorry y/n" He said as he slid down next to me.
"Oh I'm sorry Johnny cake I'm sorry." I repeated.
"I'm sorry that I went on the date" Johnny only looked at me.
But then I stopped. Why did Johnny care whether I go on dates or not?
"Johnny..."
"Yeah?"
"Why do you care who I date?"
.....

"Because I love you."