𝐓𝐖𝐎!

೫ೃೀ༺

❝ girl, you could tear me apartbut i can't help it, i'm waitin',here with open arms ❞𝐨𝐩𝐞𝐧 𝐚𝐫𝐦𝐬 | 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐲𝐦𝐮𝐜𝐡

but i can't help it, i'm waitin',
here with open arms ❞
𝐨𝐩𝐞𝐧 𝐚𝐫𝐦𝐬 | 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐲𝐦𝐮𝐜𝐡

೫ೃೀ༺

𝐒𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐃𝐎𝐖𝐍 𝐎𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 sofa in the guest house of the Wilder residence, Thalia twirled the strands of brown hair, that tickled the little bits of exposed skin, around her fingers.Happy that she'd chosen to bring out a cardigan that she could drape over her shoulders, Thalia found herself playing with the fraying threads instead. She, like most of her old friends, couldn't bring herself to look around the room they once spent many days together in, nor could they find a way to start a conversation without it fizzling out almost instantly.

It was almost unfathomable that this same group of teens were once the best of friends and spent almost every waking hour by each other's side; whether it was falling asleep on each other while on the way back from dreary elite events their parents dragged them to or jumping on the trampoline in Thalia's backyard. They were nothing but strangers now, Thalia thought sadly as she sighed.

Rather than thinking of the bittersweet memories the old group of friends had made, Thalia chose to busy herself by fiddling with the rhinestones on her leather belt, keeping her eyes to herself similar to the way Karolina played with the ring around her finger, Gert played with her lilac hair and Chase moved his fingers around aimlessly, drumming the fingers of his right hand on his left forearm.

While Thalia and Karolina had been lucky enough to have each other through everything that had happened, the other teens seemed to follow their wordless agreement to stray away from one another and avoid all interaction with one another unless they were forced together like in homeroom, where all the teens, minus Molly, found themselves winding up in the same homeroom as one another. Unfortunately, aside from forced social situations, the old friends ran in different crowds, spending the last two years pretending as though their years of friendship beforehand were non-existent.

Though Thalia had somehow wound up as Alex's lab partner in their senior year and the two were able to reconnect, Thalia knew better than to expect all her friends to warm up to one another instantly. It had been too long for them to pretend they'd never been apart. Though Thalia never held a grudge against Alex to begin with, she knew her other friends did. She'd always been someone who found forgiveness easy, she'd never forget what they did but she forgave them because letting them go hurt more than what they'd did do to her.

"So...for the pizza, I got a Magherita pizza for Thalia since she's vegan...and if you guys don't fancy that, I also got a pepperoni and a Hawaiian so yeah, you guys can grab whatever. Um...or we could play some games? Board games? Oh, Twister! You guys remember when we used to-"

"News flash, Alex? Yeah, we aren't twelve anymore," Gert mumbled under her breath distastefully as Thalia looked up meekly to find Alex looking rather taken aback as she offered him a sympathetic smile, which Alex was barely able to return.