Chapter 5

Stella's P.O.V.

We quickly arrived at the Hale house and the loneliness creeped back in as I was no longer with Isaac. I stopped at the store on the way back to the loft since I'd need new food and other necessities I sighed as I entered the store realising I still had to tell Noah I was moving out. I grabbed a cart and was just browsing the aisles since I was exactly sure what I needed so I sent a quick text to Isaac, "at the store, need or want anything." I waited a second before sending a second message, "and don't say nothing." there wasn't an immediate response but after a few more minutes of browsing he answered.

"Umm something sweet I'm not picky really and Derek wants you to come to the meeting and asked if you can bring some food cause Stiles and Scott won't stop complaining they're hungry." I internally groaned as I sent back a reply, "yeah sure tell him I have to drop the stuff off at the loft then I'll be there as soon as possible eta probably thirty minutes."

I placed my phone in my pocket and walked to the sweets aisles and grabbed a few Snickers, Twizzlers, mini cakes, and Twix figuring I might as well buy sweets for them as well if I'm buying other food for them. I grabbed three bags of Scoops Chips and two bags of Fritos along with a jar of mild, medium, hot, and queso dip. Finally I walked to check out and the poor cashier's eyes widened, "sorry I have a big family and we're having a gathering tonight." she nodded, "I understand I have a big family too though not quite as big as yours apparently."

I chuckled, "well it's not that big but it mainly consists of teenage boys so better safe than sorry." she nodded, chuckling with me." I grimaced as she said the total, "alright that'll be $249.58." I handed her $250, "keep the change." She handed me the receipt and I was on my way to the loft so I could drop that stuff off there. I had to take two trips but I managed then sighed as I looked in my wallet, "fuck I only have a hundred left." I knew I'd have to dip into the money from my parent's life insurance money that I got and I really wanted to save that for emergencies but I'd live, taking out a couple hundred dollars.

I grabbed my phone texting Isaac again, "what do they want." I sat in the car for a few minutes before I got a reply, "they said McDonald's." I nodded and made my way to the local McDonald's, "welcome to McDonald's how can I help you?" I leaned out so I could be heard properly, "hi I need twenty two plain mcdoubles and 11 large fries and 11 large powerades please." there was obvious shock in her voice alright that'll be $79.68 pull around to the window." I pulled up and gave her the money then sat at the pickup window for a few minutes as I waited for the food.

I accepted the bags and cup trays with a sheepish smile on my face and I quickly drove to Derek's. I dreaded this part but it needed to be done I grabbed my phone but before I could send him a message he came out with Derek and I handed both of them a cup tray and a couple of plastic bags from the store and McDonald's then I put the remaining bags on my arms and then grabbed the other two cup trays carrying them inside. They placed the bags on the table and I started taking the stuff out and threw Isaac his sweets. I shooed them to sit down and quickly started to distribute the food.

"Alright so I bought chips and dip if you're still hungry after eating that and I have sweets." I laid out everything grabbing what I wanted and sat down next to Isaac smiling when he wrapped his arm around me while eating. Stiles froze and stared at Isaac's arm and I choked on my drink as he asked, "are you two dating?" I coughed and I hit my chest, "oh my god Stiles first off that's illegal secondly no." I cleared my throat and he motioned towards Isaac's arm and I shrugged, "I'm comfortable with him." I smiled at him and continued eating the food occasionally putting in my input when asked.

It was a little after eleven after the pack meet ended and almost everything that I brought had been demolished and I was storing all the leftover chips and stuff in the cupboards. "Stella, can we talk?" I stiffened as I heard Derek's voice but forced myself to relax, "about what?" I didn't face him, "how yours and Isaac's relationship is doing?" I chuckled, shaking my head, "that's funny." he sighed, "I'm being serious." I turned and surely enough he had his serious face on, "we're just friends." he scoffed, "don't give me that shit." I scoffed in return, "seriously we are just friends what makes you think otherwise?"

He motioned towards the food, "you texted him about food, you responded to his text immediately, and you were practically laying on each other earlier." my jaw dropped, "Oh my god.. No no no Derek just no he's sixteen and his father is abusive so I told him he can stay with me, for some godforsaken reason I feel really close to him and I feel really comfortable around him so I'm sorry that I am doing all that I can to make sure that HE DOESN'T LEAVE LIKE EVERYONE ELSE!" I sighed attempting to calm down.

"I was a really outgoing person who loved affection and then I got out of high school and magically I changed so I'm sorry that I'm relishing in the fact that I'm finally comfortable with physical contact again." I slammed the cupboard and started to walk away, "what's your problem?" I threw arms into the air, "I LIKE YOU OKAY!" I was frustrated, "I only just met you and I think it's adorable how you cuddle in your sleep and you scrunch your nose when you're thinking or how you smile and how you fucking laugh and I can't get you off my goddamn mind okay and I haven't felt this way in since high school!"

I sighed covering my face, "I get it you don't like me like that you never will and so it shouldn't matter who I get close to or anything else about my personal life." I went to walk away but he grabbed my arm, "Stella I admire you so much but my past..." he trailed off, "it haunts me and and I don't want to fuck something up and lose you too I might go out of my mind if I lose you." I ran a hand through my hair, "GOD STOP PRETENDING YOU ACTUALLY CARE ABOUT ME I GET IT I'M A FUCKING CHARITY CASE I'VE HAD BAD THINGS HAPPEN TO ME BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN THAT I WANT YOUR FUCKING PITY AND YOU ACTING LIKE YOU CARE ABOUT ME YOU ASSHOLE!"

I fought the tears that threatened to fall and I turned to leave but he grabbed my wrist, "I love you Stella please believe me." I looked into his eyes for the first time since we started talking and all I saw was love and concern in his eyes. I tried to push him off but his grip tightened and he pulled me into a kiss that made me weak in the knees I tried to fight it but broke every rule in my book when I decided to relax into it and let myself fall harder than I thought possible.

************************************Comment some scenarios you'd like to see