Chapter 6

*TWO MONTHS LATER* 

Stella’s POV

I was holding Derek’s hand with a smile on my face as we walked together through the preserve, “hold on Peter did what in front of Paige to try and embarrass you and failed?” he chuckled, “he was trying to sexily take off his pants then jump into the pool but tripped over his pants when he tried to jump in.” I clutched at my stomach as I started to laugh, “oh my gosh I would have died laughing.” I wiped at my eye and took a deep breath, “I’m so glad we’ve been able to do this, but I think we should tell everyone soon.”

I gulped, “yeah I know.” I sighed as the house came back into view, “So there was a reason I wanted to see you today.” I looked at him confused, “okay?” We entered the house, “I want you to stay with me.” I chuckled, “what isn’t it a little early on for me to move in.” he rolled his eyes, “I want to be able to protect you.” I sighed, “Derek honey I live ten minutes away from here and I have Isaac, which I might add is a werewolf, I think I’ll be fine.” 

This obviously aggravated him, “what happens when Isaac isn’t there and something happens huh?” I was taken aback by this, “how do you think that’ll make me feel knowing I could have helped?!” I shook my head, “Derek, we still need to figure out our relationship. What happens if this doesn’t work out after I move in?” he growled, “I don’t want anything to happen to you!” I growled back, “I don’t need your help you over protective asshole I’ve been able to take care of myself for years now!” 

He slammed me into the wall and smashed our lips together and I felt the passion he was trying to put into the kiss. I tried to push on his chest to push him away but he wrapped his arms around my waist pulling closer. I sighed and let myself relax and return the same amount of passion into the kiss. His hands slowly traveled down to my ass and he gave a gentle squeeze making me quietly moan into his mouth and we pulled away like we were burnt and my eyes widened as I noticed Stiles, “I can explain.”

He shook his head and we left the loft and I climbed into the jeep but he didn’t talk until we were almost back to the Stilinski house, “are you fucking kidding me?!” my breathing picked up, “Stiles wait-” he put his hands up, “no just no I asked you to be straight up with me and you lied to me Stylianos just don’t.” I reeled back as he used my real name that only happened when someone was truly angry with me. Tears welled in my eyes, “Stiles.” he shook his head, “he's just gonna treat you like a whore and toss you to the side like Josh did.”

He stormed into the house and I took a deep breath as I followed, “tell me honestly if I told you straight up would you have accepted it?” he shook his head, “no I wouldn’t.” I nodded and grabbed the keys to my car and left to go back to the loft. When I arrived there were tears in my eyes and I stormed into the house calling out, “Derek come here we need to talk.” my self esteem about this relationship was already low but Stiles admitting he wouldn’t have accepted it was the tipping point for this. 

He appeared in the doorway and opened his mouth to say something, “we have to end this.” despite my calm expression it felt like my heart just shattered. He was obviously confused and tried to reason, “c’mon Stella let’s just talk about this.” I shook my head, “I’ve already made up my mind Derek I just can’t see us working out. In the end I’m too broken for you and I don’t feel anything for you anymore I thought I’d just cut straight to the chase.” For a split second I saw pain in his eyes but he clenched his jaw, nodding.

“You’re a great guy-” he shook his head, “it’s fine I get it if that’s all you want to say then can you leave please.” I nodded with tears in my eyes but refused to let them drop. I cleared my throat as I left and headed to the store for some shopping for the stuff that Noah asked for. I walked in with tears in my eyes and started to put away the groceries, “Stella I’m sorry.” I shook my head, “you have nothing to be sorry for you were right I went behind your back and I was in the wrong so I’m sorry.” I paused as I braced myself for my next comment.

“You’re right Stiles it wasn’t going to work in the end so I called it off.” he attempted to hug me but I avoided it, “I’m sorry for betraying your trust like that it won’t happen again.” I headed back to the loft and immediately headed to my room and ignored every attempt that Isaac made to talk to me and for the first time since my parents died I cried myself to sleep.