vingt-six

yoongi drove his way towards his home, hoseok. he was bouncing in his seat with excitement. it's been almost 2 months since their break and he couldn't wait to just hug hoseok again. to touch him, feel him, love him.

hoseok on the other had was more nervous than excited. yeah he wanted to see yoongi again but it's been almost 2 months since the break started, what if it becomes awkward? what if they can't get back into their old ways as quickly?

he sat on the sofa crisscross while constantly tapping his phone waiting to either hear the door open or a knock. hoseok bit his lip nervously, he didn't know what to do. he felt like it was going to be their first date all over again. that date failed terribly, but lucky enough for them they really liked each other and wanted to try it out.

there was a small knock on the door. hoseok perked up feeling the nerves really come on to him. he quickly jumped from his spot in the couch and ran to the door while trying to fix his hair. he opened the door and was met with yoongi's gummy smile.

his heart swelled at the sight before him. he held white roses in his hand and in the other a small box. hoseok quickly threw himself at yoongi, wrapping his arms around his neck and letting a few tears escape.

yoongi hugged him back, wrapping his arms around his waist, holding him as close as possible. he pulled back a bit, arms still wrapped tightly around his waist and kissed hoseok. a deep passionate, love filled kiss, something that both boys yearned for since their last kiss with each other. they reluctantly pulled away from each other's lips and looked the other in their eyes.

the pain and hurt that once swirled through their eyes was gone. they had each other again and nothing was going to to take them away from each other. this warmth that they felt within each other was too refreshing for them to leave one another.

yoongi slid the small black box in his pocket and reached up to wipe away the stray tears that fell down hoseok's rosy cheeks. hoseok softly grabbed his boyfriend's hand, having already been missing their hands being in one another's.

"i missed you." yoongi said softly, scared that he was going to break the comfortable silence they each had. hoseok kissed him once more before nodding and laying his head in the boys shoulder.

"i do too, come in, i know it might be a little chilly out there." hoseok said pulling the boy in and practically throwing him in the couch. he barely even let the boy take his shoes off, he missed him that much. hoseok took the flowers from yoongi and quickly put them in a a vase.

he admired them before sitting them in the window seal. he walked back into the living room and dropped himself on the couch next to yoongi. hoseok tucked his head into the man's side, missing his sweet and calming scent.

"i made reservations at soigné for 7pm, we can do whatever you want until then." yoongi said softly while caressing hoseok's red hair. he used his free hand to pull out the small black velvet box. he sat the small box down in hoseok's lap. it quickly earned hoseok's attention and he reached for it.

he fingers ran over the small engravings on it, my dearest hoseok... he opened the box and his mout went agape. inside was a diamond necklace, it was beautiful and it sparkled every time the light hit it. hoseok looked at yoongi with wide eyes.

"i know expensive gifts won't make up for the pain i caused you. but this is my 'I'm sorry' gift. i'm sorry for the pain i put you through these past years. i'm sorry for hurting you. i'm sorry for the lies and secrets. i'm sorry for it all. i'm sorry for giving you a reason to walk out of my life.

today might not be the day we officially get back together but i want you to keep in mind, i'll change for you-" hoseok cut him off with a kiss to his lips. he pulled away shaking his head with tears in his eyes.