𝒔𝒊𝒙

The next day, the boys and Y/N were all lined up outside, watching as Knox, Cameron and Pitts walked around the courtyard

The next day, the boys and Y/N were all lined up outside, watching as Knox, Cameron and Pitts walked around the courtyard. Mr. Keating watching them as well.

"No grades at stake, gentlemen. Just take a stroll." Mr. Keating informed the three teens.

After a few moments, the three boys were now marching in unison.

"There it is." Keating said.

Y/N and the boys began to clap to the rhythm of their marching.

"I don't know, but if I've been told--" Keating starts.

"I don't know, but if I've been told--" The boys copied him.

"Doing poetry is old--" The teacher continues.

"Doing poetry is old--" The boys replied.

Y/N saw Mr. Nolan look out his office window, seeing Mr. Keating was now coping Knox, Cameron and Pitts.

"Left, left, left, right, left, left, left, right, left, halt!" Keating exclaimed.

The three boys stopped.

"Thank you, gentlemen. If you noticed everyone started off with their own stride, their own pace." Keating said.

He began to walk slowly.

"Mr. Pitts, taking his time. He knew he'll get there one day. Mr. Cameron, you could see him thinking, 'Is this right? It might be right. It might be right. I know that. Maybe not. I don't know.'" He said.

"Mr. Overstreet, driven by deeper force. Yes, we know that. Alright. Now, I didn't bring them up here to ridicule them. I brought them up here to illustrate the point of comformity: the difficulty in maintaining your own beliefs in the face of others. Now, those of you, I see the look in your eyes like, 'I would've walked differently.'" Mr. Keating continues.

"Well ask yourselves why were you clapping. Now, we all have a great need for acceptance. But you must trust that your beliefs are unique, your own, even though others may think them odd or unpopular, even though the herd may go, 'that's baaaaad.'"

"Robert Frost said, 'Two roads diverged in a wood and I, I took the one less travelled by, and that has all made a difference.' Now, I want you to find your own walk right now. Your own way of striding, pacing. Any direction. Anything you want. Whether it's proud. Whether it's silly, anything. Gentlemen and lady, the courtyard is yours." Mr. Keating finished.

The students moved around the courtyard, Y/N skipped around, finally stopping as she came upon Neil's back. The girl jumped on him.

"Hi." Y/N said.

"Why, hello there." Neil laughed. He began to spin the two around, making Y/N dizzy.

"You don't have to perform. Just make it for yourself. Mr. Dalton? You ge joining us?" Mr. Keating turned to Charlie.