Mandrakes

Your POV

You where sat in the great hall with Mionie and Liv, where have these boys gotten up too. "Are you sure they got on the train" you ask Hermione, "Now I come to think of it I didn't see them, and they didn't sit with me and Ginny, which was strange" "Hmm, I wish I can go on the train someday" "Yeah, it would be so much more fun with you there" liv said. The sorting ceremony began and Ginny was sorted into Gryffindor with you, she came and sat next to you with a grin on her face. "Hi" you whisper to her and she giggles. Still in awe of you. Another first year in Gryffindor sat diagonally across from you introduced himself "Hi, Sam Wood, my brother has told me so much about you", "(y/n) Potter nice to meet you, Oliver's brother I'm guessing?" You shake his hand, "Yes, and he was right, you really are the most beautiful girl" you smile over to Oliver who looks embarrassed. "Thank you" you chuckle. The doors fly open at the other end of the hall, Harry and Ron enter, being led by Min to our table. You get up and walk over to them. You felt the eyes on you both as you led them to the table and sat them down quickly.

"What happened" you say noticing a large gash on Harry's arm, you place your hands on his arm and focused "Buttercup you don't have t-" but it was too late you already had. "Thanks" he said as he explained about the sabotage and the house elf called Dobby.(You all know the story). Later that night you lay in bed staring at the ceiling, wondering what the elf meant when he said Harry shouldn't go back and he should get me to leave too. Suddenly your scar burnt like hell. The last time it burned like that you where in a room with Voldemort himself.

Today you had Herbology in the greenhouses with Professor Sprout, with the Slytherins. Maybe you would see Draco. As you all entered you stood in rows either side of a line of planters. "Morning, everyone! Good morning, everyone!" "Good morning, Professor Sprout!" We all chanted back. "Welcome to Greenhouse Three, Second Years. Now, gather around, everyone. Today, we are going to repot Mandrakes. Who here can tell me the properties of the Mandrake root? Yes, Miss Potter." "Mandrake, or Mandragora, is used to return those who have been Petrified to their original state. It's also quite dangerous. The Mandrake's cry is fatal to anyone who hears it."I say "Know it all" Draco remarked harshly "At least I know something" I shot back. "Excellent! Ten points to Gryffindor! Now, as our Mandrakes are still only seedlings their cries won't kill you yet. But they could knock you out for several hours, which is why I have given each of you a pair of earmuffs for auditory protection. So, could you please put them on, right away? Quickly! Flaps tight down, and watch me closely. You grasp your Mandrake firmly, you pull it sharply up out of the pot..." I marveled at the mandrake, a cute little creature, it looked like a little baby. "Got it? And... now you dunk it down into the other pot and pour a little sprinkling of soil to keep him warm." Neville suddenly collapsed with a groan. "Uh, Longbottom's been neglecting his earmuffs." professor Sprout says. "No, ma'am, he's just fainted." "Yes, well, just leave him there. Right! On we go! Plenty of pots to go around. Grasp your Mandrake, and pull it up!". I did as I was told quickly and then helped Harry with his. I looked over to see Malfoy stick his finger in its mouth as it bit down hard and he struggled to remove it again. You snigger and he notices shooting you a look. "Shut it Potter" "Okayyyyy" you say 'that way'. I wonder why Malfoy is being so cold to me, I thought maybe we could be friends but now it looks like that might not happen. It's sad really I hate having enemies.