Butterflies

Your POV

"Gather 'round, gather 'round! Can everybody see me? Can you all hear me? Excellent! In light of the dark events of recent weeks, Professor Dumbledore has granted me permission to start this little Dueling Club to train you all up in case you ever need to defend yourselves, as I myself have done on countless occasions- for full details, see my published works. Let me introduce my assistant, Professor Snape. He has sportingly agreed to help me with a short demonstration. Now, I don't want any of you youngsters to worry- you'll still have your Potions master when I'm through with him, never fear. One, two, three." All the second years where gathered in the great hall for DADA which had somehow warped into a duelling club. And now Lockhart thinks he has a chance against Snape, ha. "Expelliarmus!" Snape said, sending Lockhart and his wand flying. "Whoaah!" "Do you think he's all right?" Hermione asked, sounding genuinely worried. "Who cares?" Ron remarked and I let out a chuckle. "An excellent idea to show them that, Professor Snape, but if you don't mind me saying, it was pretty obvious- ah- what you were about to do. And if I had wanted to stop you, it would have been only too easy." Lockhart tried to cover up the fact that he is a daft dimwit. "Perhaps it would be prudent to first teach the students to block unfriendly spells, Professor." "An excellent suggestion, Professor Snape! Ah... Let's have a volunteer pair! Um, Potter, Weasley, how about you?" He said looking at Harry and Ron next to you. "Weasley's wand causes devastation with the simplest spells. We'll be sending Potter to the hospital wing in a matchbox. Might I suggest someone from my own house? Malfoy, perhaps?" "Ah yes and seconds?" "Parkinson" Snape quickly decided, "Well might aswell get the second twin you here too then" Lockhart said as Harry helped me up to the mat.

"Good luck, Potters." Lockhart said "Thank you, sir." Harry responded whilst I eyed up Parkinson and Malfoy, I was still pissed off at him massively. "Wands at the ready, seconds first" "Scared, Potter?" Malfoy hissed to Harry. "You wish." Harry retorted as I stood ready, "Prepare to be destroyed Potter 2" Pansy added, "Haha" I laughed before she had time to respond Lockhart butted in. "On the count of three, cast your charms to disarm your opponent- only to disarm. We don't want any accidents here. One, two--" "Filipendo" I yell knocking Parkinson back "Expelliarmus" Parkinson yelled still on the floor, but I was quicker "Protego" "Expelliarmus", with that she was disarmed and I caught her wand in my hand, her still on the floor, the crowd cheered exept for the Slytherins as we where helped off the mat and Harry and Malfoy began.

"Everte statium!" "Oh!" Harry cried out as he was flung backwards. "Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!" You heard Crabbe laugh. "Rictusempra!" Harry yelled, casting it at Draco and he spun around in the air, landing in his ass, you smirked, getting a look from Snape as he pulled him to his feet. "Serpensortia!" Draco growled and a large green snake appeared from the end of his wand, slithering it's head up. "Don't move, Potter. I'll get rid of it for you." Snape said starting to walk over. "Allow me, Professor Snape. Alarte ascendare!" He yelled, making the snake fly up in the air, only angering it as it approached a boy, RIVER. I was about to approach him when Harry started doing something very weird, he was walking towards the snake and speaking in a strange voice, almost, Hissing. "Sya- hassa- she. Sya- hasi- heth. Sya- hasi- heth." The snake got closer and closer to River and to be honest it looked like it was egging it in to attack him. You decide to help and step infront of River and hold out a hand to the snakes head and mutter under your breath "Crudelius dulcis" and the snake evaporated into a dozen golden butterflies that slowly fluttered around the students, leaving a golden trail of sparkles behind them.

Everyone was gasping in awe of the gorgeous creatures, you saw one land on Padmas nose and she giggled looking at it. "The Princess of Dragons does it again" you hear someone say and you face palm, everyone laughs and begins to chatter and leave whilst the butterflies continue to surround them, River leans over to you "Thank you for saving me, what was your brother playing at?", he asked "I have no idea but I will bloody well find out" I whisper back as he catches his friends and leaves, leaving the four of us alone. As we walked out "Potter" I head snakes voice behind us. Both me and Harry turned around, "Well done (Y/n), Where did you learn that spell?", "It's one of my own, sir" everyone who was close by turned in shock, even your friends and Snape, "Well very impressive, although I hate to do it, 15 points for Gryffindor for saving another student and incredible knowledge", "Thank you sir" and with that you left. Still confused at Harry.

"Always ruining everything I see Potter", "And that little freaky brother of yours, or should I say Heir" I turned to see Malfoy and his goons. "What do you want Malfoy", "To tell you how pathetic it is turning something as cool as a serpent into itty. Bitty. butterflies" he mocked. "You should watch your mouth before I turn you into a slug" I jeered back, about to leave. "Was that a threat I heard" but I was so over this conversation already. "Ahh let me guess, Ah hem" I said preparing myself to take the ultimat piss. "My father will hear about this" I said, imitating him. He just growled at me but I walked off, done with that for today.