Chapter 1- Runaway

Xingchen panted as he ran from the people chasing him. He was in his cat form and it would take too long to change, besides he was faster in this form.
    He reached an alley and hid behind a garbage can. He heard something shuffling in the back and turned around, he saw a black cat hiding a bit farther in the corner.
    He trotted over and smelled a whiff of blood, he got closer only for the cat to hiss at him. He stepped back and heard footsteps, he jumped behind the cat and hid. 
    The can moved revealing the black cat who snarled at the people. The two people left leaving Xingchen alone with the black cat.
    Xingchen moved away from the black cat and turned into his human form, "Thanks for that," he said softly, "I would've been killed if it wasn't for you." 
    He stood up and began walking away when heard a rough voice, "No problem."
    Xingchen turned around and saw a man sitting down with a bloody leg where the cat used to be, "You're a hybrid too?"
    "Duh, how do you think I changed from cat to human?" The man asked.
     "Well, my names Xiao Xingchen what's yours?" Xingchen asked.
     "Xue Yang," the man said, "now could you help me out with this?"
     "Sure," Xingchen helped Xue Yang stand up and bent down in front if him, "get on my back."
    Xue Yang sighed but got on the man's back and let Xingchen carry him. He watched as Xingchen walked quickly out of the alley and to a nearby house, he knocked on the door, "Wangji! It's me!" Xingchen said.
    A man opened the door, "What now?" He asked in a deep voice.
    "I have a new friend and I need you to help him, he's like me," Xingchen said.
    Wangji nodded, "Come in," he opened the door and let the two walk in. He went a room while Xingchen sat Xue Yang down on the couch. Wangji came back with a few things in his hand, he sat on the floor in front if Xue Yang and gingerly touched his leg.
He took out a a bottle and a towel. He opened the bottle and drenched the towel in the liquid, "Stay still," he said and put the towel on Xue Yang's leg.
Xue Yang hissed in pain, "Geez you couldn't be any gentler?"
"Stay still," Wangji repeated. He put pressure on the leg for a while before wiping it of any blood. He took out a bandage and wrapped Xue Yang's leg with it, "Done."
"Thanks," Xue Yang said, biting his tongue.
"Xue Yang you can stay with me in the guest bedroom," Xingchen said, "I don't mind."
"Alright, where is it?" Xue Yang said standing up carefully.
"Follow me," Xingchen said grabbing Xue Yang's hand. He pulled the man slowly to the room and took him to the bed, "There, now rest kitty."
"Don't call me that!" Xue Yang said loudly.
"Why not?" Xingchen asked, "You can call me kitten if you want."
"No, we aren't a couple," Xue Yang growled. He laid down on the bed and covered himself with a blanket.
"So what? My friends call me kitten all the time," Xingchen said.
"Then we aren't friends," Xue Yang spat. He let his ears and tail out, they were very clean surprisingly.
"How are you so clean?" Xingchen asked.
"You are too," Xue Yang pointed out.
"I ran away from my owners," Xingchen said, "of course I'm clean."
"I did too, they were abusing the whole time," Xue Yang said grimly.
Xingchen's eyes widened, "You what?"
"I was abused, is that surprising?"
"I mean...no not really. I just didn't expect you to be," Xingchen said.
"Why is that?" Xue Yang asked.
"I don't know, you just don't seem the type to be able to be abused," Xingchen said.
"Well I am," Xue Yang said, "but that's the past."
"Fair enough, I'll let you rest," Xingchen said and walked out the door leaving Xue Yang alone.

It was a couple of days and Xue Yang was getting tired of sleeping the whole day. He stood up and walked over to where Xingchen was reading a book, he sat down on the man's lap and grabbed his hand. He led the hand to his head, "Pet."
"What?" Xingchen asked.
"Pet me," Xue Yang let his ears out and looked at Xingchen with a cold face, "now."
"Fine," Xingchen sighed and put down his book. He pet the man's head and scratched behind his ears earning a smile.
Xue Yang felt relaxed for the first time in years. He shifted into cat form and purred.
Xingchen chuckled and continued to pet him, "Did your owners pet you?" Xue Yang shook his head and Xingchen frowned, "They must've been mean. Why would someone get a hybrid if they won't take care of them?"
Xue Yang curled up into a ball and purred as the man scratched his ears gently. He felt a hand going down his back and shivered.
"Did they keep you for your whole life?" Xingchen asked. Xue Yang nodded his head lightly, and Xingchen shook his head disapprovingly. "You must've had a tough life."
Xue Yang meowed in response. He scooted closer to Xingchen's stomach and purred in satisfaction when Xingchen scratched his ears a specific way.
"Well, you're a tough one," Xingchen said, "you don't act scared when I touch you or get near you."
Xue Yang meowed, I'm used to being beat, so it doesn't matter.
"I hope you live a better life Xue Yang, you deserve it."