Chapter 4- Friends

Xue Yang and Xingchen were eating breakfast and talking while Wangji went to work, "Xue Yang, do you want to meet some of my friends?"
    The man froze, "I mean...I don't know. I find it hard to socialize and people think I'm mean and rude. I also don't want to get too attached to a lot of people, just incase something happens."
    "Would like to meet two of them to start off?" Xingchen asked.
     "Yes," Xue Yang said.
     "Okay, one of them is named Song Lan. He is really nice and doesn't like touching people at all, so you don't have to worry about him hurting you or hugging you the moment you meet. The other is going to be Wei Ying, he is really outgoing and nice. He might be a bit extra but you'll get used to it," Xingchen explained.
    "Have they ever hurt anyone?" Xue Yang asked.
    "Only someone that tried to hurt me," Xingchen said, "they might be overprotective of me. And once they get to know you, they will be protective of you too."
    "What if they don't like me?" Xue Yang asked, "I'm a mean and rude brat that will kill anyone on it's path."
    "Oh stop lying," Xingchen said, "you aren't rude at all. Just sassy."
    "They'll see that as being rude," Xue Yang groaned.
     "No, I was very shy at first when I met them," Xingchen said, "I was also really quiet. But they didn't think any different of me as they do now."
    "Are they open minded?" Xue Yang asked.
    "Very," Xingchen assured him.
    Xue Yang sighed, "Fine, I'll go with you."
    "Thank you," Xingchen said smiling, "we'll go in a couple of hours."

    "Wei Ying!" Xingchen yelled as he knocked on the door. Xue Yang was standing behind him with crossed arms and a cold face. "Wei Ying! Open up!"
    The door opened and a man appeared in front of them, "Kitten! How are you?"
    "I'm great, and I brought a friend," Xingchen stepped to the side and Xue Yang nodded at the man who smiled.
    "What's your name?"
    "Xue Yang," he replied and smiled softly.
    "I'm Wei Ying," the man said, "come on in you two."
     Xingchen grabbed Xue Yang's hand and pulled him in, "Wei Ying, do you know when Song Lan's coming?"
    "I'm right here," a man said stepping out of a room.
    "Song Lan," Xingchen said, "it's good seeing you again."
    "You too, who's this?" Song Lan nodded at Xue Yang.
     "This is Xue Yang," Xingchen said pulled the man closer to him. Xue Yang smiled at Song Lan and nodded at him.
     Song Lan smiled back, "Nice meeting you."
    "You too," Xue Yang said.
    "Should we go to the restaurant now?" Wei Ying asked, "Or later?"
    "Let's go now," Xingchen suggested.
    "Alright, Song Lan can you pass me the keys?" Wei Ying said. Song Lan threw him the keys and walked to the door, he waited for Xingchen who ran over to him.
    "Song Lan," he whispered, "don't think bad of him please. He's a really nice person once you get to know him."
    "Fine," the man sighed, "but he better not do anything."
    Xingchen nodded and ran back to Xue Yang who was getting nervous, "Xue Yang, come on." He grabbed Xue Yang's hand and walked outside with him, he got in the car with him and smiled comfortingly.
   Wei Ying drove while Song Lan sat in the passenger seat and Xingchen and Xue Yang sat in the back. They went to a fancy restaurant and Xue Yang felt his heartbeat speed up.
"Let's go," Wei Ying said getting out of the car. They got to a table and ordered their food, while they were waiting Wei Ying spoke, "Xue Yang do you have any sibling?"
"I had a few," Xue Yang said, "but they died when they were young."
"I'm sorry to hear that," Wei Ying said, "so you're on your own. Do you live with someone else or alone?"
"I live with Xingchen," Xue Yang replied turning to the man. "He found me after I ran away and brought me to a friend of his."
"Wangji?" Wei Ying asked.
"Yes," Xingchen said.
"Oh so you're a hybrid too," Wei Ying said smiling.
"Yes," Xue Yang said, "I'm a black cat."
"Really? I'm a black bunny!" Wei Ying said excitedly.
"Why did you run away?" Song Lan asked suspicious.
Xue Yang glanced at Xingchen for a brief moment before looking at Song Lan, "I was abused by my owners." Xingchen held Xue Yang's hand under the table in comfort.
"How long did you live with them?" Wei Ying asked, he looked sad and worried.
"Since I was born, but it's fine. I got used to the beatings," Xue Yang said, "they barely hurt."
"Just because you got used to being hurt, doesn't mean it's fine," Wei Ying said, "I'm glad you ran away."
"Me too," Xue Yang said, "I met Xingchen and he's the best thing that ever happened to me."
Xingchen smiled at him and turned to his friends who nodded approvingly. "Xue Yang, do you want dessert after?"
"Can I have ice cream?" Xue Yang asked.
"Sure," Xingchen said. Xue Yang nodded with a smile, and scooted closer to him.
"What about you?" He asked.
"I think I'm getting the same," Xingchen said.
"Didn't you say you liked cake and pie better?" Xue Yang asked.
"Yeah, but I want to share it with you," Xingchen said smiling widely.
"You said you wouldn't do this," Xue Yang said.
"Too bad," Xingchen said, "you can't do anything about it."
"Yes I can," Xue Yang said with a smirk, "I can just sleep alone while you sleep on the couch."
"Liar," Xingchen said, "you can't stand being alone without me."
"Try me," Xue Yang sassed.
Xingchen grabbed his jaw and put their faces close together, "Angel I want you to think long and hard about this. Would you really last a second without me?"
Xue Yang glared at him before feeling intimidated by the stare, he looked down, "No sir."
"That's what I thought," Xingchen said and let the man go.
Wei Ying and Song Lan watched the scene unfold before them with wide eyes, "I thought Xue Yang was dom!" Wei Ying whisper yelled.
"No," Xingchen said smiling, "I am. He's just a soft baby."
"Liar," Xue Yang huffed.
"Says the one who begged me to pe-" Xingchen was cut off by Xue Yang covering his mouth.
"We don't speak of that!"