Chapter 16- Irritated

"Who are you?" The man asked.
"His boyfriend," Xingchen said and hit the man's head with the bar. He took Xue Yang's hand and ran away to their apartment, where he locked all the doors and windows. They sat down on the couch, "Angel, are you alright? Did he hurt you?"
"No, but I think I'm bleeding," Xue Yang whimpered, he looked down and saw his legs covered in blood.
"Shit," Xingchen ran to the kitchen and grabbed his phone, "Wangji! Get your ass over here now!" He hung up and rushed back to his lover, "You'll be fine, just don't panic."
"How am I supposed to not panic?!" Xue Yang yelled in distress, "I'm bleeding!"
"Stress is bad for you and the baby," Xingchen said, "now look at me." Xue Yang had tears in his eyes as he looked up at his lover, "You and the baby are going to be fine, Wangji is coming and he'll know what to do."
Xue Yang shook his head, "But what if the baby is hurt? What if I'm hurt? What if we're both dyin-mph!" He was cut off by a pair of lips pressed against his own.
Xingchen tasted the salty tears and held Xue Yang's waist delicately, he pulled back, "You and the baby will be just fine."
   "Alright," Xue Yang nodded and wiped his tears, "I'll be fine. I'm fine, nothing to worry about."
   A knock came at the door and Xingchen ran to open it, "Wangji, finally you're here."  
  "What happened?" Wangji asked, getting straight to the point.
   "Long story short, Xue Yang met his abusive owners and I saved him but now he's bleeding," Xingchen said.
    Wangji nodded and walked swiftly inside the apartment, he saw Xue Yang sitting down on the couch with blood on his legs and under him.
Xue Yang looked at him, "I'm not dying right?"
"Unless you were hit, no," Wangji said.
"Were you hit at all?" Xingchen asked.
"Just thrown to the floor," Xue Yang said, "so I think I'm fine."
"Then you're probably bleeding because of the stress," Wangji said calmly, "lay down and let me see just to be sure."
Xue Yang looked at Xingchen who nodded. He laid down and Xingchen watched with sharp eyes at what Wangji was doing. It wasn't that he didn't trust Wangji, he was just a bit overprotective of Xue Yang.
Wangji checked everything and nodded, "It was just stress. You should probably stay home and not go to work for a while."
"Thank you," Xue Yang sighed.
"No worries," Wangji said, "I should get going. Try to not overwork yourself from now on."
"Alright, I won't," Xue Yang promised.
"I'll take my leave now," Wangji said and left. Xingchen turned to his lover and they both sighed in relief, everything was fine.
"At least I'm not dying," Xue Yang joked.
"Yeah," Xingchen muttered, "but we need to clean the blood up."
"Oh! Yeah sorry," Xue Yang apologized, standing up. He ran to their room and changed into a pair of pants. He came out and helped Xingchen clean all the blood from the couch and floor, with a happy look on his face.
They finished and decided to invite Wei Ying and Song Lan over. While they were waiting Xue Yand gathered some snacks and Xingchen cleaned the kitchen.
Song Lan was the first to arrive, he walked in after picking the lock and said, "So why did you call me over?"
"Ah!" Xingchen yelled in surprise. Xue Yang jumped and turned to them.
"Don't scare me!" He snapped.
"Sorry," Xingchen apologized, "Song Lan how did you get in?"
"Picked the lock," Song Lan said, "quite simple really."
"Don't do it anymore," Xue Yang scolded, "you scared us."
"Calm down," Song Lan said, "I didn't do anything."
Xue Yang rolled his eyes, "Sure, now go and wait outside for Wei Ying. If you don't I'm hitting you with a spoon."
"Why are you so rude now?" Song Lan challenged.
"It doesn't matter if I'm rude or not!" Xue Yang raised his voice, "Go wait for him!"
"Angel," Xingchen said, walking to the man, "calm down."
"I am calm," Xue Yang mumbled, "just a bit irritated."
"I'll take care of Song Lan, you take care of the food," Xingchen whispered, he kissed Xue Yang's cheek and walked away.
Xue Yang calmed down a bit and began making some noodles.
Xingchen walked over to Song Lan and said, "Song Lan, calm down please. Xue Yang is just a bit stressed right now and I don't want it getting worse."
   "Well tell him to stop being so rude," Song Lan muttered bitterly.
   "I'll tell him, now go sit at the table," Xingchen said.
  "Fine."