37

Jennie's pov

It's dark when I woke up again so I turned on the lamp in the nightstand.
It's past 7 in the evening, I overslept again that made my eyes swollen.
I neatly laid lisa's handkerchief above the bedside table and went inside the bathroom to wash myself.

I went out of the bathroom and saw jisoo eyeing lisa's handkerchief.

"what are you doing here?" I asked that captured her attention.

"it's lisa's handkerchief right?" she asked back.

"don't" I warned her when she's motioned touching it.

"okay okay relax, I won't take it" she raised her both hands.

"what are you doing here?" I asked again.

"look, I'm not here to cause any trouble" she explained.

"wait, how did you get in?" I asked.

"I knocked but you're not answering so I enter"

"I said how?" I asked again getting irritated.

"I twisted the doorknob and entered"

"stop with the bullshit jisoo" I snapped.

"it wasn't locked"

"how" I whispered.

"maybe you forgot?"  she replied nervously.

"but it doesn't mean you're allowed to barged in here!" I snapped angrily.

"okay I'm sorry if I entered without your permission, I just want to check on you" she explained.

"I don't need you!" I shouted.

"I know, you don't have to spat it on my face" she said sadly.

"get out" I said softly and sat down on my bed with my back facing her.

"I have something to tell you" she walked towards  me but I stopped her before she could reached me.

"I said get out, don't test my patience" I said firmly.

"just give me a minute please" she pleaded and I sighed defeatedly.

"fine"

"I'm setting you free" she said faintly.

"what do you mean?" I asked.

"let's end this not existing relationship" she stated.

"let me finish first" she stopped me when I tried to open my mouth.

"I know you don't have feelings for me in the first place, I'm just stupid convincing myself that someday you'll love me back and I know you agreed to this relationship because you wan't to thank me for all I've done to you,I'm sorry for forcing you to have a relationship with me"

"I'm sorry" that's all I can say.

"I know you like lisa, you don't have to say it out loud for me to know. I may be oblivious outside, but I knew it deep inside, I really do. Your eyes says it all, the way you look at her, it screams in the most affectionate way. For the past months that I'm with you, I never made you smile like lisa did. I envy her, I envy her for making you smile for a short span of time.What matters to me is your happiness."

I hugged her tight as my tears flew freely from my eyes.

"from now on, I'll make a speech for you so that I'll get a hug" she joked and I slapped her arm playfully.

"I'm sorry and thank you for everything you've done to me" I whispered through her ear still hugging her.

"you don't have to say sorry, this hug is enough for me" she joked again that made me broke the hug and glared at her.

"shut up" I chuckled.

"friends?" she extended her hand with hesitation.

"friends" I accepted willingly.

"did lisa called you already?" she asked that made me confused.

"why would she?" I asked back.

"I gave your number to her so that she can call you?" she said half asking.

"I turned it off days ago so that no one can call me when I sulked myself in here"  I said as I approach the drawer where my phone rested.

"holy shit!" I gasped after I turned it on.

"what?" jisoo rushed beside me.

"23 missed calls?!" jisoo read from the screen.

"I'll head out, call her back" jisoo said and walked towards the door but I stopped her by hugging her behind.

"thank you jisoo" I sincerely said.

"thank you too, for opening my eyes in reality" she said and tapped my arm.

"go get your girl" she winked and walked out of my room.

I dialed lisa's number after a moment of hesitation, she answered it quickly.

"kitten" she said softly in the other line that made my heart ache.

"kitten why aren't you answering my calls? how are you? are you okay?have you eaten? " she bombared me with question when I didn't respond.

"jennie are you th-"

"I missed you" I cut her with crack voice.

I ended the call without giving her chance to talk. My heart clenched when I heard her voice that made me missed her more.

I wiped my tears even though it's useless because I can't stop myself from crying.

My phone rang and lisa's number showed but I turned my phone off.

I made my way towards my bed and tucked myself underneat the cover. I hugged lisa's hoodie as my tears are flowing nonstop.

I entered my dreamland with a heavy heart.