The tell-tale heart

Assignment: After finding the crime scene, the police have to write a police report, beginning as follows: "At 4 a.m., we arrived at the home of Mr. X. The door was opened bt a young man who..." Finish the police report in 100-150 words.

~

At 4 a.m., we arrived at the home of Mr. X. The door was opened bt a young man who looked rather surprised by out presence so early in the morning. He had told us that the old man who lived here was out visiting in the country. We asked him to show us the mansion which he kindly did. There was nothing suspicious about him. He was smiling and kept talking nicely of the old man. Afterwards, we were led to the old man's bedchamber and we, in fact, saw nothing strange about the room.

Mr. X offered us a seat and some tea, we did accept them. Without any reasons, the man's face turned white and a panicked look appeared in his eyes. My colleague and I started talking about random things, as we laughed, the man became more errectic and agitated. Suddenly, the young man burst out from his seat and yelled at us. "Villains!"

 He then admitted that he had killed the old man and that he had cut the members of his body. This is after that event that we arrested him.

Words count: 175.

Inspired by The Tell-Tale Heart By Edgar Allan Poe