7

"Are you alright?" the nurse asked.

"...Really?" Chris asked him, speechless. The nurse lifted his hands in innocence. "I'm just doing my job, kid." he swore.

"You know what? You lucky I was almost killed tonight and I'm not in the mood to cuss you out. ArE yOu OkAy?" he repeated in a shrill tone.

"Get me more water if you want me to forget that." he shoved his cup into he mans hand, who quickly went on his way.

The parking was filled with the glaring sirens of police cars and the ambulance. The town's journalists had littered the place not long after, like flies.

Soloman looked up into the night sky while his shoulder was being stitched up by a nurse.

"What are you thinking about?" he looked to his side, finding none other than his friend John.

"Nothing at all." he replied, smiling. He took a sip of his coffee. "I just never thought this would happen to me twice."

"I thought he was never going to escape again," the Sheriff admitted, looking down at his shoes. "Because I couldn't understand it. I couldn't understand him."-

"I don't think we ever will." Eric told him. And we was at peace with never knowing why.

"I don't think the evil he embodied, or whatever was left of him is understandable."

The Sheriff looked him in the eyes, shaking his head.

"I guess you're right." he lastly said, sitting down next to Soloman. "You know, the entire night, I felt like somebody was following me." he confessed to his friend.

"I had a feeling in my gut. It was the same feeling I had had 11 years ago on that desolate road. It never once occured to me that it was him. Was I imagining it?" he turned to the Sheriff for clarity. But John only grinned and drank his coffee.

"Eric, do you really wanna know?"

Soloman's eyes widened with surprise, before he let his head hang and slowly shook his head.

"I think I'm good." he whispered, looking back up at the sky, locating a lonely star.

"They're gonna drive you to the hospital. You'll get gummy bears and chocolate there. I asked them," Grace caressed Michael's cheek.

"I bet" he said as loudly as he could, feeling the pain from his damaged vocal cords. He was lying on the bed in the ambulance. He looked at her beautiful face, and saw the worry in her eyes.

"He's dead Grace. He won't come back." he took her hand in his.

"Are you sure?" she asked him.

"Sure as sugar" he joked confidently, making her smile.

He laughed and coughed in pain as he felt a stabbing pain coming from his rib.

"You're really hurt, aren't you?" she felt guilty nothing had happened to her.

"It was worth saving you."

He looked into her eyes, feeling his head flutter. Then he remembered his last thought, as he thought he was going to die.

"Grace," she looked up at him, tightening her grip on his hand. "Yes?"

He hesitated, looking in her pretty brown eyes, suddenly paralysed by his male panic.

"I..."he whispered. "Yes?" she repeated. "I-I, uhm" he stuttered.

"I wanted to-"Who wants pizza?" the nurse suddenly appeared at the back of the car, cutting him off. Grace jumped up and took the box out of her hands.

He exhaled, angered by himself. Grace sat back down by his bed, and lifted a hot slice to his lips. "Open up," she nudged him gently. He reluctantly opened his mouth, taking a big bite. "That's it," Grace giggled.

A car pulled into the parking and parked queer across the ambulance was being looked after. Chris looked at it confused, when he suddenly recognized its ugly green colour.

"...That bitch!" he rolled his eyes, as Darnetta climbed out the vehicle, running towards him.

"I'm so so so sorry! So sorry!"-"Hell you are" he said sarcastically.

"I'll do anything," she begged, "Anything to-""To What? Not to tell the police you forced us to work a shift that wasn't ours? Slave Labour? Endangerment of minors?"-

"You're not a minor!" she hissed. He gave her a look of disgust.

"Slave Labour is enough to make you homeless, woman!" he blackmailed her.

"Okay okay!" she gave in. "What do you want Christopher?!"-"Mhmm!" he smiled. "Now we understand each other."

"Tell me what you want!"-"...I don't want nothing from you!" he yelled at her, turning to the policeman who was on his way to him.

"What are you doing!" Darnetta screamed, caught off guard.

"Officer!"

Outro...

First song of the Vintage Obscura remix 2020: "Ghost Dancer" , sung by the Addrisi Brothers.