{22} I don't want any more blind dates...

Dong Hua went into his room and peeked at the fork and slightly shook his head. He lied on his bed for rest. Feng Jiu held her scream as she fell on the other side of the space. She was pushed to the side of the space, her head bumped into the wall. She held her head in pain but then her expression changed. Everything faded, she calmed herself down. Everything was silent in her head and only a sound remained, increasing its intensity with every moment. Then it came to her. She could hear his heartbeat.

Time passed for half an incense stick to burn. Dong Hua's eyes were closed and she silently sat there. But now she was growing both hungry and sleepy so she decided to turn into her original form and quickly run away. Suddenly Dong Hua shifted sideways and she also fell sideways. The moment she balanced herself, she came out.

She was on his bed beside him. At first, she covered her face with her palms as shyness overtook her. He was so utterly close that she couldn't help but contain her excitement and a silly grin. She quickly used lethargy formula on him so he won't wake up but she wasn't sure if she remembered it right. Regardless when she saw Dong Hua didn't really move for a while she sighed in relief. Her hands slightly touched his face in a sweet caress.

He didn't open his eyes but he was awake. After all, he wasn't a fool like her. But all he could do was internally smile. As she ran her fingers through his nose bridge, his eyebrows, above his eyes, he felt something he had never felt. A caress he hadn't encountered neither did he think he needed. But although he was usually calm it calmed him down more. He felt as if he was in a warm place. Although he didn't fear coldness, the warmth he felt was enough to make him fear its absence.

But then Feng Jiu pinched his nose and giggled soundlessly. Then she pinched his cheeks.

Finally satisfied, Bai Feng Jiu silently removed her hand from his face and took a last look at him. She bit her lip and quietly climbed down the bed and tip-toed towards the door. But again she was pulled back and fell straight on the bed where she was before. She gasped as she saw his eyes flicker open. She was shocked. He grabbed her hand and placed it on his forehead. She gulped. He closed his eyes again.

"You pinched me awake. So pat my head until I fall asleep." He said coolly as if it was nothing. She wasn't sure what he meant. If he was having fun playing watching her do stupid things or he really was flirting with her. The first option seemed more like it so she grew a little angry.

"You knew all along?" She whispered taking her hand back. 

"Yes." He replied. She huffed and was ready to sprint towards the door.

 His eyes flew open and he stopped her from going out by again pulling her back. This time she was angry. She found him really unreasonable and mean. He always did this, letting her make a fool of herself. Letting her ruin the reputation of the Qingque.

"You can't do this to me! Just now if you knew then why did you bring me here? Just to see me make a fool of myself? You even put me in your mou..." Her expression was although filled with aggression it was also cute. But her words seemed to have their full effect on Dong Hua.

"Do you dislike me?" He asked. No matter how much he tried he couldn't understand why she had to distance herself from him when they eventually met. He just wanted her to stay and nothing more. For once in his life, he wanted to be associated with a person so much.

"Of course not." She blurted out. This eased the few lines on his forehead.

"Then do you like me?" He asked shocking Feng Jiu to the bones. Staring at her intensely. It was impossible between them. And she knew it. Even though she liked him, admitting that to him would mean she didn't intend to move on.