Old Clothes and Stale Coffee - FTTB omegaverse

*** Another 'From Top To Bottom' side story set in the omegaverse.
Featuring Dr. Aahmes Abdel and tito Eric Antonio

You may look for 'Old Clothes and Stale Coffee' in my wattpad stories to read about the characters here, but this is pretty much stand-alone and self-explanatory.

The whole 'Old Clothes and Stale Coffee' novel is available in Dreame under my pseudonym Psynoid Al

...

Old clothes and stale coffee.

That was my first impression of him. That was what he smelled of.

There I was, stark hopping mad with anticipation, ready to meet this brilliant mind that is well known through out the international scientific community for his advanced and unparalleled research concerning the omega gene.

Then I see this... uncouth man in front of me, sipping tepid coffee from a chipped cup in his pajamas.

"Sino 'to?" he asked the lab assistance who ushered me inside the maze-like laboratory.

"Sir, this is Dr. Aahmes Abdel!" he said excitedly, "In the flesh!"

He looked back at me from head to toe and smiled. Then he turned to his assistant with the same smile stuck in his face.

"Sino 'yun?"

"Sir, s'ya 'yung sikat na scientist na nag re-research din tungkol sa omega gene! Kilalang-kilala s'ya sa buong mundo dahil sa mga research n'ya tungkol sa mga omegas, particularly about their mental state and behavioral patterns!"

How rude. I don't think they know that I understand a bit of tagalog. But then again, the fact that they are talking in their native tongue while a foreigner is in their midst is proof enough that these people know nothing of basic etiquette.

"Eh, ba't 'di ko s'ya kilala?" he asked again.

"Sir..." the assistant looked back at me and smiled. It looked strained. "Dr. Abdel has never been in the spotlight before," he explained, "he's part of Egyptian royalty, and no one has ever seen him in person, not even in pictures, only his journals are released publicly in the internet..."

"Kung ganon, pano n'yo nasigurado na s'ya nga 'yan?"

He took another sip of his coffee.

"Ugh..." the assistant now looks desperate. "Dr. Abdel, perhaps you could introduce yourself to the 'kind' and 'hospitable' professor?" he said the two adjectives with emphasis.

I stepped forward, looked him straight in the eye and gave him my best professional smile.

"Good afternoon, Dr. Eric Antonio. I am Dr. Aahmes Abdel. I am 22 years of age and have a PhD in Microbiology, Neurophysiology, Neurology, and Psychiatry. I have come here specifically to meet you and would like to study under your tutelage."