Chapter 5 He left

It broke Blake's heart to see the love of his life walking through the door. He decided he couldn't stay any longer.

"Don and Donte, we're leaving," he said, his voice steady. They wanted to know what happened but knew better than to question him.

They made their way to his private plane.

Meanwhile, Amara headed back to the room, only to find Blake wasn't there. Frustrated, she returned to the front desk where a woman named Brook was working.

"Hi, I'm looking for Mr. Blake," Amara said, her voice tinged with urgency.

"I'm sorry," Brook replied curtly.

"Blake, your boss! Where is he?" Amara pressed, her frustration mounting.

"Miss, I can't disclose that information. His fiancée is Tiara Miles," Brook stated flatly.

Amara's heart sank. "Look, I'm his fiancée too! Please tell me where he is!" Her voice rose in desperation as she fought back tears.

Brook's expression remained cold. "Miss, I suggest you calm down or I'll have to call security."

Just then, a familiar figure approached. It was the guy from last night.

"Is this how you treat your customers?" he asked Brook, his tone serious. "This is your last warning."

"I'm sorry," she muttered, taken aback.

"I overheard you looking for Blake. Let me take you to him," the man offered.

"Thank you," Amara replied, relieved as she followed him.

"I'm Tony, by the way," he said with a smile.

"Amara," she replied as they shook hands.

Tony had already texted Blake that he needed him to sign something urgently. They drove to the airport, and Amara hoped they would arrive in time.

"Are you okay?" Tony glanced at her, concern etched on his face.

She wiped her tears. "I just hope I reach before he leaves."

"You will," Tony reassured her. "I told him it was urgent. Plus, it seems like you really need to see him."

His words stung; nobody knew about their relationship. Doubts crept in—would everyone think she was trying to steal him from Tiara?

As they reached the airport and Amara spotted the plane, anxiety gripped her. Tony stepped out of the car but paused when he noticed she wasn't following.

"Amara?" He turned back toward her side of the car.

Blake watched as Tony walked back; impatience bubbled inside him. "What's taking so long?" he snapped into his phone.

"Well, someone's in a pissy mood," London replied on the other end.

"London, I'm not in the mood!" Blake shot back.

"Have you found Amara yet?"

Blake sighed deeply. "Why did you call?"

"Ahh yeah, Will escaped."

"The hell do you mean 'escaped'? Didn't you bring him to the police station?" Blake shouted in disbelief.

"We're driving there now, but his men came after us. Vanjay got shot in the leg but he's fine—everyone else is okay too."

"I'm coming back today; we'll talk once I reach." He hung up just as Tony approached him again.

"Tony! What took you so long?" Blake demanded.

Tony scratched the back of his neck nervously. "There's a girl in my car."

Blake raised an eyebrow. "And you brought her here? Why are you cheating on Diana?"

"What? No! I would never!" Tony exclaimed quickly.

"What the hell, Tony? Why is she here? You're wasting my time!"

"No! Just go! She was looking for you!"

Blake stared at Tony incredulously. "So every girl who asks for me gets brought here? I'm leaving." He turned away in frustration.

"Blake, she looked shaken up! She really needs to see you!"

"That has nothing to do with me! You deal with it."

Tony hesitated before finally saying, "It's Amara."

"What?" Blake froze at the mention of her name.

"Yeah, she came by the hotel looking for you."

Before Tony could finish explaining further, Blake sprinted toward the car where Amara waited.

"She must be special," Tony thought as he watched Blake rush off.

Blake opened the car door and saw Amara's distressed face. He immediately felt a wave of concern wash over him. "Tony! Get her some water!"

"Is she okay?" Tony asked as he hurried off.

"She will be," Blake replied firmly but worriedly as he knelt beside Amara.

"Amara, baby, I'm here." He gently fed her some water and noticed how pale she looked. Quickly removing his coat, he draped it over her shoulders for warmth.

"Tony, let's get her to the hospital—now!" They rushed out of the parking lot toward safety and care for Amara.