Chapter 7

Somewhere away from the city we're two people walking. They were close to their destination. The man was thinking while following the woman in front.

'So her name is Coral?' he moved his gaze  on the woman.

He was curious about this women.

The women then saw the shelter she was looking for.

"We're almost there."

Suddenly the woman felt little droplets from the sky.

"Hurry, the rain is coming" She jogs and the man followed her pace. She went behind the shelter and moved the wooden planks that was covering the door and move it aside. She opened the door and let him inside.

He looked around the shelter. It was a medium room, I guess you could say. In the corner were bunch of food supplies. Next to them were a box of guns. There was a couch next to the boxes and a small tv on a small table. An opening on the right corner is where the kitchen is.

She closed the door and walked pass him.

"Just sit there for a bit" she pointed at the couch. She went to the kitchen to cook.

He sat down and pulled out his phone but unfortunately his phone died.

"You gotta be fucking kidding me" he muttered under his breath. He slouch on the couch and rest his head on top of the couch. Few minutes later she came back with two cups of ramen.

"Hey get up" she said and the man jolted up. She placed the ramens on the table that was in between the couch and the tv. She motion him to sit down with her.

They both sat down on the floor and faced each other. They silently chewed their ramen.

"So...Coral tell me about yourself. It's fine if you don't too"

Coral shook her head telling him it's fine. She then spoke up.
-
Another day pass. It's been a month since the apocalypse happened. So far they're saving food and other stuff. All the way to the woods, the winds smoothly passes through the trees. With a slightly yet gentle touch, the leaves danced.

The winds continues its journey to a cabin in the middle of the woods. The trees surrounded the wooden house, at least 10 feet apart. The cabin is an average size usually it's small from other places. The cabin was dead silent. That's because everyone is sleeping.

The first one awake was obviously the scientist. He's always up in the morning to do some research or other stuff.

Sitting down at a lonely table, writing something on the paper. Once finished, he folded the paper to a airplane. He went outside and looked up at the sky. Aiming towards the direction he wants it go, he shoots the airplane high up above the trees.

He does this daily. Hoping for someone to find his letter and rescue them. The air touched him delicately, sending shivers down his spine. It was chilly outside.

Mainly because it was autumn. Thinking about something, maybe someone could down some trees. More likely two people.

Luckily this cabin has a chimney. Then a image appeared in his intelligent mind. He knew exactly who to pick. He'll be busy so that's why he wants someone to cut down the trees or was he? Perhaps another reason? But of course he made a plan for those people.

He went back inside and moved his head sideways. Checking over his watch. It was only 6:30am. He sighed and went back to the basement. And slept for another couple of hours.