Chapter Three: Loki Sneaks Away

Thor's POV

"Uncle?"

"Yes?"

"Who is Freya?"

I stiffened. "Who told you about her?"

"My father."

I had taken Freyr to a place we went often: the Bifrost. I used to come here all the time by myself to ask Heimdall about Jane or to just stand and stare into the masses of stars that were the beautiful universe. I had gotten into the habit of finding Freyr here often, so this was where we both were most of the time.

I considered Freyr's question. I was a little surprised he didn't remember his twin sister. Then again, the last time he had seen her was when they were both four years old. I didn't remember anything from the time I was four years of age.

Freyr had been visiting his father in his cell in the dungeons for years. The Allfather had been able to get Loki sentenced to life in prison instead of death. Loki had seemed indifferent to either option, but of course, he was Loki. He didn't seem to care about much anymore...

Except Freya. Whenever I went to see him, I knew that was all that was on his mind. Why? I understood that he was concerned for her, but not in that fatherly way that I worry for my children, not the way I would worry if I found out Loki had sent my daughter away without me knowing.

Freyr was now a handsome young man. He seemed to be fine, not manipulated by his father in any way. I'm not saying I was concerned Loki would do that...actually, I was.

But as I tried to figure out a way to avoid answering Freyr's question, I realized that he deserved an answer. Of course, I would find out how much Loki told him, first.

"What did Loki tell you about her?" I asked him.

Freyr shrugged. "He said that she was a girl I used to know."

We were silent for awhile before I finally opened my mouth to tell him.

"Freya is your twin sister," I began. "When your father was in Midgard, he declared war on the people of Earth. I don't know why, no one does. We have summed it up to vying for attention."

"Why?"

"That is a story everyone will tell differently. Even I don't know all of the details."

Freyr nodded, seeming to understand. As much as he could, anyway.

"Heimdall told me to take Freya to Midgard. It was for her own safety. From Loki."

"Why would Loki hurt her?"

"I honestly don't know---"

"Father!" I heard Thrud, my daughter, call. I turned and saw her running into the Bifrost, followed by Mothi, my son. Thrud was of petite build, with my blue eyes and the same golden hair. Mothi had the blue eyes, but darker hair, and was a little shorter than me.

"What's wrong?" I asked, seeing the panicked look in her eyes.

"Loki escaped!"

"What?" I demanded. "How?"

He must have kept it...low key XD Anyone?

Loki's POV

As I stood in front of the large mansion, I smirked. The only thoughts running through my mind were ones that mocked Odin. It had just been too easy to sneak away out of my cell.