Chapter Thirty Eight: Best Brother Ever

So, yeah . . . I'm not dead! And I'm really sorry guys. I have no idea why it took me so long to write this chapter. It was originally meant to just be a filler, but for some reason it became really hard to get it just right, and I'm still sure it's not, but oh well.

Sorry for my extremely long absence, but as many of you fellow writers out there know, writers' block will stay as long as it wants to know matter how much you wish it would just go away already. Luckily for all of us, my latest bout of writers' block is gone, and this chapter is finally out :)

The picture above is of an Icelandic instrument called a langspil, and it will be making a cameo later in the chapter. There are many different versions of langspils but I thought this one looked kinda cool to include :) also the video is the song that I could imagine playing while our favorite teenage gods and goddesses . . . well, you'll see ;))))

Freya/Mila's POV

I was sitting cross legged on my bed and Thrud was sitting the same way across from me. We had been talking about ways to entertain ourselves when my bedroom door opened and Mothi walked in, a look of disapproval on his face.

"Thrud." That was all that needed said to let me and Thrud know that he had heard about the courtyard fight.

"She did it," Thrud said, pointing at me. Literally. She actually said that.

"Hey!"

"Why are you leading my little sister into fistfights?" Mothi asked me.

"Hey, I'm your little cousin. Doesn't that mean anything?"

"Not really."

Thrud and I pouted at him, making his chastising expression disappear and allowing an amused smile to take its place.

"Hey, do you know where Freyr is?" I asked him, situating myself so that I was now kneeling on my bed.

"I think I last saw him in the library. Why?"

"I wanna do something tonight," I replied, getting off my bed and standing up. "Thrud told me that we could probably go out into the city and do something."

"What did you have in mind?"

"We could go out and eat. Are there any good restaurants?"

"I know a place," Thrud piped in. "Mothi, do you remember that tavern that Father took us to once?"

"A tavern?" I asked, smiling with excitement. "That sounds fun. Let's do it," I said, already out the door. I had to come right back in, though. "Wait. Does anyone remember where the library is?"

Thrud giggled in amusement, and Mothi took the lead on the way to the library.

"Hey, library nerd," I greeted my brother, swinging around the side of the bookshelf like an idiot. I had finally found him on the third floor of the library, in the fiction section. He had a number of books in his hand and was putting them back in their proper places among the shelves.

"Ever the one to make an entrance, aren't you?" Freyr asked, smiling at me.

"You bet. Come on, we're going out into the town," I said, tugging on his arm.

"Why? Is this one of your crazy whims that everyone must act upon?" he asked me, his smile widening.

"Yes, it is. Now, come on. Thrud and Mothi are taking us to a tavern to eat," I told him, taking the leftover books in his hand and placing them on the shelf. He could get back to sorting them later.

We were about to make our way back down to the first floor when I saw Loki striding through the library. I noticed a particularly troubled expression on his face, and I wondered for a split second why he was so wound up. Then I remembered where I was supposed to be right now.