Jily loves, James smirks, Lily sighs

AN| I like this fanart and it's a bit relevant so...

During Harry's first flying lesson, James had choked on a rock cake. More specifically, one of Lily's rock cakes. They were more like rocks than cakes though, which was why James choked. They were now in St Manghost's, Lily on a chair next to James' bed, holding a mini screen so he could see his boy flying and winning over 'the blond Malfoy git'. James was cheering quite loudly, attracting the attention of nearby nurses and patients. "GO HARRY! THAT'S MY BOY!" Lily rolled her eyes at him, sighing loudly. "Really, James? Do you have to make so much noise?" James looked offended. "Of COURSE I do! That's my baby's first flying lesson!" He said indignantly. "He's eleven now Jamesie, he's not a baby!" James huffed. "I don't care." Lily smiled. "Come one, sweetheart, the doctors are releasing you now." Just as she said that, a nurse came over with a clipboard. "Mr Potter? You're free to go now, sir. If you have any questions you can ask them right now, if you have any later you can give us a ring." The lady said it in a cheerful voice, smiling at both of them. Lily smiled, said thank you, and said that she did have a question actually. "Can you die here?" She asked. The nurse laughed. "Oh, no, if you die you come back to 'life' a few hours later."

A few minutes later, James and Lily were walking towards their house. "Isn't that incredible? I could kill you for setting the kitchen on fire and you would relive! Eternal punishment Mwahahaha!" James gulped. "L-l-let's not get ahead of ourselves, shall we, Lilyflower, deerest wife ever, most beautiful person on earth?" He stuttered. Lily smiled evilly. "He he he, you'll have to wait and seeee!" Then she started running. "Last one to the house is a rotten potato!" She laughed and raced ahead. James cursed under his breath. "HEY! THAT'S CHEATING! COME BACK!" Lily just giggled loudly and ran faster. James ran for his life. No way was he letting Lily win over him. He caught up with her just as she closed the door in his face. "Lily, open up!" Lily laughed, the sound muffled by the door. "Never!" It made James remember a day in their seventh year:

"Lily, open the door! It's not fair, you're not allowed to change the password without me!" He heard Lily laugh on the inside. James cursed and tried a charm on the portrait. The portrait just sent the charm right back. "Lily! PLEASE! I beg you, open the door!" He pleaded. Lily laughed again. "Never in a million years!"  She shouted through the hole. James grumbled and sat down on the floor. His mind was working a hundred miles per hour, trying to find a solution. Finally, a genius idea came to his mind. "Fine! I'm leaving then! Going to tell our Head of House that you changed the password without me! You're going to lose points from Gryffindor!" He chanted tauntingly. "McGonagall won't be happy, now, will she?" He could almost hear Lily going over it in her mind. The portrait door suddenly swung open. "FINE! Come in, see if I care! Just don't bother me whilst doing my homework, or you'll be dead faster than you can say Quidditch!"  She scowled murderously at him. James just smirked right back, an eyebrow raised. Then he kissed her. Lily wriggled from his grip and went to sit on the floor. "No way! I said I was doing my homework, not a snogging session!" James' expression fell. "Fine." He pouted. "But that means I'm not giving you a kiss goodnight! So there!" And he stuck out his tongue at her. That night, Lily did her best to taunt James, loosening her tie, putting on red lipstick, adjusting her skirt. She puckered her lips at him across the dinner table, and James cracked. Before going to bed, he did give her a goodnight kiss and quite a few more than just one. And he learned that whatever happened, Lily was always right. And her rules were the ones to follow. Otherwise there was a sirius risk of him being in a hospital bed for the next year.

James was brusquely drawn out of his reverie by Lily opening the door. "So, love, planning on coming in anytime soon?" James grumbled and walked inside. Then he kissed her. This time round, Lily didn't wriggle out of his grip, rather securing her position in James' arms and putting her arms around his neck, pushing his red and gold scarf off. They stopped to draw breath. They looked into each other's eyes. Green met hazelnut gold. "Do you remember-?" She asked. James smirked. "Yes, I did. And I remember certain things we did too..." Lily smacked him on the arm, blushed and started kissing him again. They were so enraptured in each other they did not notice Marlene creeping in.

"Yikes! Very bad mental image!" She said loudly. James and Lily broke apart, Lily a brilliant shade of magenta, James a bold scarlet. Lily's hair was a bird's nest, James' was still perfectly styled. James brushed it off. "Come on, Mar, you saw us kissing all the time at Hogwarts!" Lily blushed even redder. Marlene laughed. "Well, let me just say it wasn't as intense as now." James laughed with her. "Well, what can we do for you Marlene?" He asked amiably. "Right! Well, firstly, would you come for dinner on Friday night? And second, I need to borrow something from Lils..." Lily nodded solemnly and quickly went upstairs. James just shrugged and went to start making lunch. "Hey, Marlene, are you staying for lunch?" He asked. "Sure, Blaise is at work and the kids are at their grandparents' house." Lily suddenly tripped on the carpet in front of Marlene and fell, a pile of books and DVDs strewn on the floor around her. Marlene bent down and picked up a book. "Pride and Prejudice," she read out loud. "Doesn't this one seem a bit old?" Lily got up and brushed herself off. "Nah, it's quite good. It's a classic! I'm sure Blaise will love it." "If you say so..." Marlene trailed off. "Hey, what's this one?" She asked pointing at a DVD on the floor. "Gone With The Wind," Lily answered. "Here, you can take it." She said, handing it to Marlene. 

An hour and a half later, James slumped against his chair. "I'm full!" He announced, all while taking another piece of coffee cream flan. (AN|Sorry, I can't give you a picture 'cause it's a family recipe so its not on the internet) Lily sighed, too tired to smack his hand away. "That's your sixth piece, James!" She complained. "You're going to be sick!" James frowned. "Well, you're not my mum so..." He smirked. Lily scowled at him. "Urgh! If I wasn't so full I would..!" She threatened him. James' grin faltered. "Okay, sorry, I'm sorry!" He shrank away from Lily as she brandished a hardback. (book) Lily sighed wearily. "Fine, you can have it, but it's the last one!" James smiled really wide. "Yay!" And he proceeded to engulf the whole thing into his mouth. Lily sighed again, heavily. "James! Stop that! You're lucky our son hasn't inherited your horrible table manners! And about that, I really hope he's less reckless than you as he grows up. I don't want him to go do as dangerous things as you and your friends did! Merlin forbid that happening!" James smirked. "Well, I for one hope he does do brave things! He's a little Gryffindor after all!" Lily just prayed internally that Harry wouldn't be too brave. She shuddered at the thought of another James running around. Poor, poor McGonagall. Marlene smiled contentedly, also thinking that Harry would take after James. "Poor teachers," she thought out loud, smirking evilly. James nodded, sniggering. "Hogwarts won't know what hit her!" 

James and Sirius were in Professor McGonagall's office, Remus keeping watch outside and Peter at the end of the corridor. Sirius poured the goo in the drawer marked The Four, Detentions. At the time, they were proud to have one just for them, but later James was ashamed because Lily had found out. Little James smirked his trademark smile and quickly helped Sirius empty the packet. Then, he put the silver and green glitter on her desk, and rigged the balloon above the door to spray the glitter on Professor McGonagall. They thought that if it were Slytherin colours, the Professor wouldn't suspect them. Suddenly, they heard Remus talking loudly with someone. It was Lily, James' crush since second year. She had thought it was suspicious that Remus was alone at the end of the teacher's corridor, and she was right. The voices suddenly were a lot closer, they could hear Remus pleading Lily not to go in there. Of course, Lily walked in to see what they were up too. She opened the door and... She was suddenly sprinkled in silver and green sparkles. James gulped. He had just been about to put the spell which ensured it would only fall on McGonagall. Now it was too late. Sirius groaned from behind the desk. His head popped up. "Hey! You just ruined some perfectly good glitter!" He complained. James shoved him. "Er-Lily! He doesn't mean that, don't listen to him! I'll just help you-" Lily slapped Sirius. James gaped at them. "I can perfectly well take off the glitter myself, Potter." Then she twirled around and walked out, her long red hair dancing behind her, her scent washing over him. He sighed. "Sirius! Why did you do that! Now she's gonna hate me!" Sirius snorted. "She already hated you, mate. It's a lost cause."James sighed. Maybe it was. Maybe she was never going to like him, was going to marry Snivellus instead of him, and have read haired, hook nosed, ugly little  babies that were not his. The door suddenly burst open, a stern looking Professor McGonagall swooping in. "Boys! I am severely disappointed in you!" And she gave both of them detention for a week and a special detention on the next Saturday there was a Quidditch match (not with Gryffindor playing, of course, because she still valued Quidditch games as extremely important.) to clean up all the teachers' offices .

Ah, the memories! What a wonderful time they had had. And now it was his son's turn, and he sincerely hoped he would enjoy himself just like his father did. 

AN| Thanks for reading! :)