Fulfilling the Bond

KRIS'S POV

That night we both got into bed with a blazing blush on our faces. I turned to her and put my fingers through her hair, She lifted her face to mine, and for the first time since we had been married we kissed. It started out gentle and slow but we both needed eachother so much that it soon turned into a passionate kiss...It was one of the best nights of my life.
...

The next morning I awoke with Clarissa in my arms laying on me. I woke because I felt something tickling my face and soon realized it was a feather. Clarissa's wings had grown in. They were beautiful and both white and black. They weren't as big as mine but not small either. I gently woke her up. "Clarissa, wake up beautiful," I whispered as I tickled her nose.

CLARISSA'S POV

I woke up as someone nudged me and ticked my nose, wiggling it, I smiled remembering last night and opened my eyes to see his stunning blue ones. I got up on my elbows when I realize I was heavier than usual and it wasn't a bad heavy but a good one. I looked over my shoulder to see beautiful wings, but they weren't Kris's wings, but mine. I looked back at Kris to see him smiling at me, I smiled back because this was a good thing, our bond was fulfilled.

Kris suddenly spoke up, "I am surprised by how well you are taking all of this Clarissa."

I reply,"When I was younger, all I wished was to live in a fairytale but as I grew older I realized that might not happen, now here I am given a chance to have that wish fulfilled, and I'm taking it."

He nuzzle my neck and said "good to hear, because I would be heartbroken for you to be terrified by me and my kind."

"you care that much?" I question.

After minutes of silence he says,"i think its about time I told you my true feelings...I love you Clarissa."

Im overjoyed at his words but terrified that I have to tell him the truth.

"Kris, I am so happy to hear that but saddened to say that I don't feel that way...just yet."

His face fell slightly, he instantly replied, "in that case Clarissa, expect to be wooed, I will have you fall for me, head over heels."

Laughing I smiled at him than kissed him on the lips, "lets go eat breakfast."

He smirked and turned me over so he was now on top of me, "or we can stay here in bed."

Laughing I shook my head as he kissed me anyway.