The Reception

KRISTOPHER'S POV
Clarissa Frin-well, Clarissa Lowes now. That was her name, my bride. When I had finally been able to look into her eyes which were a soft dark brown, I had a fleeting emotion pass through me, hope. Maybe this wouldn't be so bad after all. After struggling with my thoughts and anger, I held fast onto that hope and decided that since I was going to be with this girl the rest of my life, I might as well love her. I would force myself if I had too, and I didn't care if she didn't love me, if do all the loving if I had too.

"Kris...Kristopher",

"yes mother", I replied when I realized she was talking to me. We were at my wedding reception. Clarissa had run off as soon as we arrived after the wedding.

"Go ask your bride to dance...look, I know you weren't happy about this-", my mother was cut off as I spoke

"that doesn't matter anymore, I will bring love to this relationship". My mother just nodded as I excused myself to go and find Clarissa.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CLARISSA'S POV
I feel a touch on my elbow and turn around. There stands my new husband. I look at him as he stares back. His blue eyes search mine for a few seconds than he clears his throat.

"Clarissa, would you do me the honor of dancing with me?", I nod in reply and he leads us to the dance floor. I shiver at the touch of his hand on my waist, a good shiver though. We exchanged small talk for a minute until I finally gained the courage to talk about how I was feeling about something in particular.

"Kristopher-" , I start but stop when Kristopher says

"Kris, call me Kris". I smile in reply than finally tell him with a blushing face

"about tonight...can we please wait until I am ready?" The question hangs in the air until I look up and see Kris has an amused smirk on his face, he just nods. I thank him, than the song came to an end. It was time to leave. We wave at everyone as we walk out to the limousine.