Talk

-Meliodas POV-

I woke up on the floor... again.

Then I remembered what had happened.

"Elizabeth... I need... to go... to her." I mumbled and tried to get up, but fell back to the floor.

Maybe it is best to just let her be? I said that we wouldn't hang out anymore. Maybe she just needs time to process?

Slowly did I get up and laid down in the bed. I haven't eaten since that dinner with her. I am really hungry.

A knock was heard.

"Come in!" I said. Zeneri walked in with a tray of food. Much food.

"I-I was t-thinking you w-would like t-this. Y-you haven't left y-your room since t-that d-dinner w-with your father." She said and placed down the plate in my lap while I sat up.

"T-thank you. I appreciate it. Is the sins still here?" I asked.

"Sins? Your friends? They left yesterday when they walked out of your room. Elizabeth did too a while after." Zeneri said. I nodded and started eating my toast.

"Do you mind if I stay here a bit?" She asked. I shook my head. She sat down beside me.

"I'm... I'm really happy that we are friends and..." She said and looked at the wall. I forgot, she likes me.

"Zeneri?" I asked.

"Yes?" She asked and looked at me. I placed down my tray on the side and smiled a sad smile.

"I am so sorry that I can't return your feelings. I know how you feel and am really sorry for it. I hope that even if I don't return those feelings that... we still can be friends?" I apologised. She looked down on the floor.

"No, I am sorry for those feelings. How could I even think that you would ever return those feelings? I am just a simple servant. I'm sorry I bother you." She said and immediately walked out of the room.

"Zeneri..." I said and saw her walk out. Her reaction was better then what I thought. I eat up and then stared at the wall for the rest of the day.

The next day too.

It was first at the third day I decided to do something. I got up from the bed and walked to the bathroom. Then took off all the bandages and got in the shower. It was not a nice shower with all the injuries.

When I was done, I dressed myself and walked out of my room to the room in front of my. Signing before knocking.

"F-father?" I asked.

"What is it slut?!" He answered.

"C-can I-I talk t-to y-you?" I asked.

"Just say it!" He said.

"I-I don't t-think this m-marriage w-will work out." I said.

"I don't give a damn about what you think or feel! That stupid goddess will move in your room in 3 says. After the marriage is done, I will have more power!" Father yelled.

"B-but-" I was cut off.

"Go, you slut!" Father yelled. I immediately walked back to my room.

"How will I make sure this marriage never happen?" I asked myself. The rest of the day was that question taking over my mind. As long as I do as father says and stay in my room all the other time, I should be fine.

It didn't even notice when the day witch Elizabeth would move in come. The time passed like a second, except those times when father would beat me up. At least, I have gotten used to the injuries by now.

I was at my desk, trying to think of something when the door opened. Quickly, I looked to the door and saw Bartra walk inside.

Then I stood up.

"W-welcome sir." I said and bowed. He looked at me.

"No need to be so formal my son." He said and smiled at me. I smiled back.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Looking around. After all, my daughter will live here from now on, until you move away to live alone, that's it." He said. I nodded.

"So what was you doing?" He asked.

"Just thinking." I said.

"Are you okay?" He asked and pointed to my hand holding my stomach. I have gotten so used to hold my stomach that I didn't even notice I did.

"Y-yes. I'm fine." I said with a small smile.

"You sure? You don't look that fine to me." Bartra said.

"I-I just tripped on the way home from school." I said. He nodded.

"I hope it will get better soon." Bartra said and walked to sit on my bed. Then he patted the place beside him.

"Come here son." He said. I slowly did as told and walked to him.

"I can tell it is something bothering you, what is it?" He asked. He actually felt like a real dad, like my adoptive dad.

"D-do you think it i-is a way to undo the marriage?" I asked.

"Don't you want to marry my daughter?" He asked.

"No, no, that's not it. I just feel that we are a bit too young." I covered up. No way I can tell him about father.

"You know, I know you are lying. What is it actually?" Bartra asked. I looked down at my feet.

"I'm worried about Elizabeth." I said. The truth this time.

"What about her?" He asked.

"I'm worried that she will get hurt." I said.

"I don't think you will hurt her. She have told me about you. She said that you two already knew each other and that she has a cru- has a surprise for you." Bartra said. I looked at him.

"Now it's you that is lying." I said.

"That's not important now. I don't think you should be worried about hurting her. You don't seem like the kind to do so." He said.

"It's not me that I am worried about." I said.

"Then who?" He asked. Should I tell him?