The beginning

(Hello! before this starts, I just want to say that this story is set a couple of years after the monsters are free and Gaster is safe from the void. Also, Part of this was inspired by Aarron_woolfie2. Big fan of their work btw! Okay let's get into the story now-)

Gaster P.O.V.

I sat at my desk and set down my journal. 1 year and a half ever since I came out of that dreaded void. I still couldn't believe that I am living with humans and my sons again. But of course, I am still always working because of my job. Ever since humans and monsters came to an alliance, I was working in a lab with other humans. Oh well. Better than nothing I suppose. "Yo Dadster!" I look over my shoulder to see Sans and Papyrus coming to me. (Hehe Sans is not teleporting >:3) "Ah hello, sons! What brings you here?" I ask them.

"WELL, SANS AND I WERE GOING TO GO TO GRILLBY'S, AND I THOUGHT MAYBE YOU WOULD LIKE TO COME!" Papyrus says. Hmm... Not a bad idea... It's almost time for my lunch break anyway. I thought to myself as I put my journal in my desk drawer. "I don't see why not. It's time for my lunch break anyway." I say and Papyrus's face just lights up. "welp, we better get going before the rush hour. Grillby's is getting pretty popular these days." Sans says as we start our way to Grillby's.

Grillby P.O.V.

I finish washing the last shot cup and set it down on the display. I REALLY was not looking forward to the rush hour. I was still looking for workers since I was getting a lot more customers in the city. (Yeah forgot to mention they live in a city :'D Sorry) I hear the bell ring meaning someone just came in. I was about to make a run for them to seat them until I saw them seat themselves. Oh. Just Sans and his brother. But who is the other one? I thought as I felt my face getter hotter than usual. I shake my head. No Grillby, NO. Keep it together. (You can deny it Grillby~) I grab the menus and go over to them.

Gaster P.O.V.

As I sit down, I examine the place and it doesn't look that bad. I notice a fire monster staring at me as his face goes light-blue and turns away. But as I did, I felt my face go hot. Why are you blushing?! This is a public place, do not make a fool out of yourself! I tell myself. I turn back and see the monster come to our table and hands out our menus. "Hello Sans, Papyrus. Glad to see you two back here." He says. Does he know my sons? How long have they been coming here? I thought as I look over the drinks on the menu.

"heya, Grillby. I'll take my usual please." Sans tells him. "YES, AND I WILL HAVE A CUP OF CHOCOLATE MILK!" Papyrus says. The fire monster writes down what they want then turns to me. "Would you like anything Mr....?" Oh right. I never told him my name. "Gaster. W.D. Gaster. And I'll just take a cup of coffee." I tell him. He nods and walks off to the kitchen. He's... Kinda handso- NO WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?! HE WILL NEVER LIKE A FREAK LIKE ME! I shake my head. ( I wanna hug G for thinking that of himself ;^;) That's when Sans nudges my arm. 

"What????" I asked, completely confused. "you like him don't ya~~~~?" he coos. I feel my face go completely hot. "W-What?! N-No I don't!" I stammer and try to hide y face in my turtle neck. "uh-huh, sure go ahead and deny it~" he says. My god, a part of me wants to punch him so badly for teasing me like that. 

But then, the fire monster comes back with our drinks. (G DID YOU COMPLETELY MISS ON HOW SANS SAID HIS NAME ALREADY?!) "Ketchup, Chocolate milk, and finally, coffee." He hands out our drinks as he says their names. "Thanks..." I take a drink of coffee while trying to avoid eye contact to avoid blushing. "Do you three know what you want?" He asks opening up an order sheet. We each say what we want and he leaves. And even though Sans is telling puns, Papyrus is screaming because of that, and more people are starting to come in, everything just... seemed to fade that more I went in my thoughts. Everyone is so busy with what they are doing... but would anyone notice if I was gone....? I think to myself. But the next thing I knew, Sans was shaking me slightly to snap out of it.

"Yo! Old man! You alright? You seemed dazed." Sans asks as I snap out of it. "Hm? Oh, yes I'm alright. Just thinking.." I respond. the monster finally comes back (OMG JUST ASK FOR HIS NAME! ...Fourth wall forgive me for breaking you ;-;) and gives us each our meals. I thank him and start eating, going into my thoughts again. Until Sans snapped in front of my face before I completely zone out. "Dad is something wrong? Your starting to zone out again, and it's getting me a bit worried." He asks with concern in his voice. "yes I'm fine! Honest!" I give him a fake smile. He shrugs and starts saying puns again. If only you knew that I'm not actually smiling son... I think to myself as I eat. It's been a long time since I smiled for real. But I guess I'm so good at pretending, that nobody notices that they are fake. Hm...

Grillby P.O.V.

It's chaos I swear to god. Everyone is trying to get their orders in, wanting their food to be done, and wanting to pay all at once. Gets me heated up (punsssssss) really badly. But luckily this doesn't last forever. Only for a couple of hours if I'm quick. But if I'm not, I'm going to be here forever. Welp... Time to get busy.

~TIME SKIP BECAUSE NOBODY CARES ABOUT RUSH HOUR RN~

3rd person

The place is basically empty at this point. There are a few tables left with monsters and humans using them. Sans and Papyrus left G there since he wanted to stick around for a while. It was near closing time during this time and Grillby of course is worn out by the day. 

Grillby P.O.V.

I pant as I am out of breath of what happened today. But, as I lean against the bar counter, I look over and see the skeleton still in the stall looking a little dazed. Why is he still here...? Better go ask him I suppose. Maybe get to know him a little bit more. (Now I know that Grillby is a yandere in this story, BUT JUST WAIT FOR IT OKAY?!) I get up and sit across from the skeleton. I didn't get a reaction. So, I got up, went to the kitchen, grab a piece of bubble wrap, and sit back down across from the skeleton.

Gaster P.O.V.

I just listen to the voices in my head saying things about me when I hear something small pop. I snap out of it and see the fire monster with a popped bubble wrap in his hand. Uhhhhhhhhh well this is awkward... "Uhhhh, hello?" I wave shyly a little. "Ah, so you are alive." He responds as he tosses the wrap to the side. "You have been here for hours now just being dazed. Can I have a reason why?" He asks. My god, I thought I was here just for a half-hour! I thought to myself. "W-Well, i-it's just a thing that I d-do at times." I stutter as if I'm Alphys. It's pretty obvious that I'm lying if I stutter like that, but the fire monster fell for it. "Alright then. Well, the name's Grillby." He takes out his hand and waits for me to shake it. I take it and shakes his hand. So warm... NO! Stay focused. "Pleasure to meet you Grillby." I smiled a little. Been a while since I meant a smile... I was shocked that I did a real smile after a long time. "Something wrong? You seem shocked." Grillby asked a little confused. "N-no! Nothing's wrong!" I quickly tell him. He smirks a little and teases me about how I studdered and well I yelled at him. He only laughed though.

3rd person

An hour after closing and Grillby and Gaster was still in the stall talking and making jokes like old friends. Other than them, the bar was empty, due to the humans and monster leaving their money on their tables and leaving. They would have no idea that this was the start of their relationship until later.

(DONE! With this chapter anyway. Imma make another chapter some other time, but until then, imma get some shut-eye. Until then, See ya, my fellow Grillster shippers!)

 Until then, See ya, my fellow Grillster shippers!)