[ Chapter 20 ]

She reached into the pocket of her tattered shorts and pulled out the charm. Of course! The elves! Why hadn't she thought of it before?

           "Great, it's your lucky charm. What are we supposed to do with that?" Christopher sneered.

           "Your right Esmerelda! How did we forget?" asked Aquamarina. Christopher rolled his eyes.

            "Geez, what's so special about a lucky charm?" He snorted.

          "Well im sorry, King Sarcastic. It just happens to be a magical summoning thingie from this super-magical world that you are from." Christopher's eyes widened.

          "Y-y-you have an Elven Talisman? Do you know how rare those are! Boy, if I had one of those, I would have been out of here in a jiffy." Christopher blinked repeatedly in shock. Suddenly he regained his composure.

          "You know how stupid you are? Why didn't you use that sooner, you Glug-Dumbo!" he hissed. Esmerelda stifled a laugh.

          "Glug-dumbo? Is that the best you can come up with, Hornhead?"

          "You take that back, Dirtmop!

          "How about nah?"

          "You'll take that back!"

          "Try and make me!" 

          Aquamarina rolled her eyes and snatched it from Esmerelda's hand. Since she was bickering with Chris like toddlers, she did not notice. Sighing, she noticed a little note attached to the charm.

          "Guys, look at this!" She walked over to Christopher's cell and showed it to him. He looked confused. She read the note, and she frowned.

           The note said, scrabbled in a barely readable handwriting : Can only be used twice. Use it wisely, for it is your only hope. This was bad. Very, very bad. 

           "That means we only have one shot. Mess up, and it's over." They all stared at the floor. 

           "Guys, lets not be like this! We got a all-powerful charm that could maybe take us out this alive! If we believe in ourselves, we can do this!" Aquamarina sounded very optimistic. Like a overly-optimistic roach with turquoise hair. Because its being so annoying and you just wanna squash it but you cant cause the roach technically did nothing wrong. That's how Esmerelda saw it anyway. 

           "We need a plan. Yeah sure, this is sorta a plan, but we can't just shake the charm and let the elves do all the fighting." mentioned Christopher.

           "Wait, how violent can these guys get?" questioned Aquamarina.

           "Trust me, you don't wanna know." Christopher replied nonchalantly. "As powerful as they are, the guards will attack us, and then there's.. my father." He stared at the ground, knowing they would have to fight his father. As evil as he was, it was still hard. Esmerelda was sympathetic. But they knew they had to.

           "Im sorry Christopher. It needs to be done."

           "I know.." he replied sadly. His face changed. He thought of everything he had done to him, imprisoning him, torturing him with words, torturing others and making them watch. He stood up straight and held his head high.

           "Alright, let's get crackin' on a escape plan."