2. Better Luck Next Time

A/N

aaa sorryy i know this prompt has been done a billion and one times but idk i love it so i thought why not do it anyways plus i want to save this fic it's about to die aaaaa

enjoy!

----------------------------------------

Nico's POV:

"Wait what-?"

I feel Will's soft laugh more than I hear it as we're shoved into the arena. He pulls me to the side and quickly explains everything, and I nod.

Even though I was too busy noticing how close he stood next to me and how the freckles on his dusting his cheeks crinkled as he laughed I think I understood. Shoot thing, get point. Or something. Sounds simple enough. I mumble a quick thanks and head to my assigned spot.

The voice over the loudspeakers starts to count down. I glance over at Will and he shoots me a thumbs-up. Three. Two. One. Start!

I run and take cover.

~time skip because idfk how laser tag works and i don't want to say anything dumb~

...Two people left?

I count them off on my fingers. I took out four people and Will took out five... That leaves... me and... Will? No, that can't be right-

But it is. I see a flash of golden and red as Will approaches me. I turn around but it's too late. He grabs me by the vest and... kisses me?

I feel his lips crash against mine, soft and warm, pushing me backwards. This is it. The kiss I've been dreaming of. I drop my gun and reach to wrap my arms around his neck when I see lights flash around us.

Where are they coming from? I look down, hearing Will's soft whisper of "Better luck next time, sunshine." as soon as I see Will's gun pointed at me, and my vest lit up blue, almost the same colour of his eyes.

(290 words, 1485 characters)

A/N

IM SORRY THIS CHAPTER WAS SO SHIT I SWEAR I WRITE GOOD SOMETIMES I JUST NEED TO GET SOMETHING OUT AND FAST AAAAAAA