one

int - byeol yi's house - the first day of school

■■
its the time of the year again where schools start. new faces, new surroundings, which Byeol Yi hates the most.

she doesn't like meeting new people or even going to new places.

but what can she do? she's in college and being homeschooled in her first year is boring for her.

even she hates it, she gathers herself and slowly walked towards her bathroom to fix herself. she took a bath, brushed her teeth.

she stared at the mirror and starts thinking about her first day of school. it's her first time attending a real school and it gives her anxiety.

she got out of the bathroom and stared at her uniform neatly laying in her grey bed.

with a deep sigh, she picked it up and starts putting it on. she stands by her mirror while putting on her necktie and tryin' to adjust her above the knee-length skirt.

"who even wear this at school?" she mumbled.

she's finally satisfied with her look and got out of the bedroom.

as she got out, her mom was smiling widely while looking at her. it's her dream to see bye yi in a school uniform. she almost cried.

"mom, don't be so dramatic." byeol said as she sat on to the dining area and her mother starts serving her breakfast.

"I just can't believe that you're finally going to a real school dear, let mom admire you." her mom said as she puts bacon and pancakes on byeol yi's plate.

"thank you mom, but please don't overdo it," she said as she sips her morning coffee.

"I promise I won't. can I drive you today?" her mom sweetly asked.

"no mom, we talked about this. let me do this by myself, I'll let you know if I need help." byeol yi saw the disappointment and sadness in her mom's face.

she felt guilty. she knows that her mom's greatest dream is seeing her attend a real school.

"mom don't give me that face, please." byeol whined. her mom doesn't budge and sadly turn around and walked towards the kitchen, head slightly facing the floor.

byeol sighed as she can't refuse her sad mom.

"Alright mom, but don't drop me at the main gate okay?" she said and starts eating again.

she heard her mom saying "yes" which made her laugh.

not many minutes later both of them are inside the car, her mom driving while humming, she can't hide her delight.

on the other hand, byeol starts to feel nervous as they reach the parking area of the school. her mom noticed it.

"dear, it's going to be fine. don't worry too much. just be yourself." her mother said as they parked in the nearest spot.

"thank you mom, I'll go ahead see you later." she kissed her mom's cheeks and got out of the car.

she sighed heavily as she walks towards the entrance of the school.

■■