who asked who out on a date...

unedited. these are very bad so this is a warning for that ig

yumeko: she asked you

you were waiting for yumeko outside the academy. she was taking part in a gambling match against a student council member which you were watching for the first half but got bored and left. so here you were outside the academy, your attention solely on your phone.

"y/n-san!" you looked up from your phone when seeing the ravenette running towards you, ryota following behind her. "you're still here~!" she clung onto your arm and looked up at you with a smile.

"well yeah, i couldn't leave without saying goodbye. how'd the match go?" yumeko grumbled something inaudible in response and ryota chuckled nervously.

"she lost." your brows furrowed together as you looked down at the girl. you couldn't imagine yumeko losing a gamble. she was much too smart for that.

"oh well," yumeko sighed when seeing the look you were giving her. "let's go."

. . .

"we're here," you said when stopping outside your house. it was just you and yumeko left, ryota had split up from the two of you earlier. "do you wanna come in? there's no one else home."

"no it's okay," yumeko said, still holding onto your arm. "i have a question though?"

"hm?" you turned to face her when she let go of your arm. you only then noticed how red she was, her eyes refusing to meet yours. "yumeko? what's wrong?" you asked softly. "is it because of the gamble?"

"no. well yes. kind of. will you go on a date with me?"

"huh?"

"please? i already lost once today so please let this be a win! i really wanna go on a date with you y/n-san!" yumeko finally met your eyes and relaxed when she saw that you were smiling.

"i'd love to go on a date."

mary: she tried to ask you

"y/n!" you paused when hearing someone yell your name out from behind. mary was in front of you seconds later, grabbing onto your wrist while trying to catch her breath. you looked down at her hand, confused. mary hated being touched. she hated physical contact. you knew that after three months of being around her. "i wanna ask you something."

"is something wrong?" mary shook her head and let go of your wrist. "then what is it?"

"u-uh...well..."

"mary?" you called out when she trailed off. you noticed her cheeks beginning to heat up as she looked at the ground, scratching the back of her neck in attempt to ease her nerves. it was the first time you had seen mary nervous and it worried you. "what's wrong?" you asked, taking hold of her hands which only caused her to become more flustered. she pulled her hands away from yours.

"n-nothing. i...i was wondering if maybe when you're free sometime if you would wanna hang out with me. only me! no one else with us. i-if you want! y-you...you don't have to. it's just-"