Chapter 87: The Kindness of Strangers

Klaus Kol and Elijah were stuck in the compound just great right."Every last exit is sealed. If you're thinking about jumping, don't. I already tried it. I landed in the world's most pretentious wine cellar."

"You sorted it by vintage. You don't remember, do you? I thought Marcel was intent on retrieving your memories."

"He was. He failed. I still remember absolutely nothing, and Antoinette is dying."

"No one cares my wife is dead because of you."

"I wasn't the one that forced her to kill Greta. Your wife did that all on her own."

"So now its my wife you were at my wedding she died because of you."

"What the hell are we doing here? What is this place? This is dangerous, us three here together."

" We're not actually here together, are we? Not physically, at least. It's called a Chambre de Chasse. It's a magical mental prison designed to resemble our home. But don't worry. There's always a way out... "

"A game or a riddle. Persay"

"How do we solve this riddle."

"We don't do anything. We're square, you and I. You got Hayley killed, and Antoinette will die because of me. I would hate to upset that delicate balance. So I'm gonna find my way out with my brother, and you're on your own."

--

Klaus and Kol were walking around when they heard something."Whoose their."

"Show yourself we don't have all day."

Rebekah walked in."Oh Nik Always so dramatic."

"Rebekah."

"Bex."

She walked over and gave both of her brothers a hug"I was in Corsica, drowning my sorrows about Elena, and I suddenly dropped. What I wouldn't give to spend just a decade without being dragged into a godforsaken Chambre de Chasse. How did you two get here."

"I was with Angel and Lily packing to go back home."

"I was leaving town."
--
They were looking at everything it was identical to their home."A witch that's spent enough time here to replicate every detail. This is Elijah's prized Cheval Blanc."

" The culprit may be closer to home. A witch who knows the compound well and who doesn't trust you to stay away from Elijah. Someone who would risk everything to save New Orleans from plagues."

"Vincent?" Klaus questioned

"On the bright side, he'd never harm Hope Hayley Faith or Grace he might knock Angel out though. . You, on the other hand, I expect he'll be shipping your bodies to the four corners of the world."

" All of our bodies? He isn't here, is he?" Rebekah asked.

Elijah walked in"He is. I think i might have just found a way out of here?"
--
He showed them a door with locks on it."This wasn't here before what is it?"

"It's representational magic. I expect there are keys, one for each of us, hidden somewhere meaningful. Somewhere connected to who we are."

"And for those of us who don't remember who we are?" Elijah asked.

Klaus grinned looking over at him."I'll give Antoinette your regards."

Freya put her hand out stopping Elijah."Door won't open unless all five locks are released. The only way out is together."

"Elijah, if we're to get through this without bloodshed, I recommend that you go to the corner of the house furthest from Nik and I. Bex  could you be to kind as to show him." Kol smirked as Rebekah nodded and walked away with Elijah following him."Split up. We need to turn this place upside down. I only just promised my grieving daughter I wouldn't abandon her again. I can't be stuck here."