Level Two

It was hard not to laugh at how many guards surrounded me, following behind Flynn he was leading me to an elevator.

"Is there any way you can stop smiling? It's freaking the guards out."

Flynn said, which only made it grow more.

"It's just funny how paranoid you guys are."

"We don't take chances on untamed power."

Dipping my head he had a point, as we all stepped onto the elevator Flynn pressed the second floor I didn't even know we had. As it rose, my mind drifted over to Eva she'll probably be sad I'm not the same. But it'll be better, safer than before.

"After you."

"Oh haha."

I said to Flynn as my square of guards waited till I started to move before walking with me. This floor was completely different, it was like an expansive gym more people were up here too. And nevermind just more guards, but special. My guards retreated and went back on the elevator, as Flynn nudged my shoulder. I wondered why until Eva tackle hugged me onto the ground.

"Blake you're alive?!"

I chuckled, her attire was different too, instead of a straitjacket, it was actual clothes just gray.

"Yes, I am."

I replied after we locked eyes, her smile faded and so did mine, she could tell.

"Come on, let me show you around."

Eva pulled me up, as I gazed over at Flynn who nodded it was okay. On the tour, there was a balcony, as I was pulled toward it. Leaning on the bar with my arms, the wind in my face was severely missed.

"So, what happened once I left?"

"I gave into my darkness..."

Smirking slightly, Eva scooted closer to me.

"I expected it to be scary but it was actually comforting."

"Did you lose something in the process?"

"A part of myself, probably the weakest part-"

Eva gripped my shirt and pulled me to her, cutting me off she said.

"Don't say that, what did you lose?"

"I don't have to eat or sleep I get bored easily..."

I could tell she thought I was joking, but I drew her attention back by stroking my finger on her chin.

"I'm just a shadow of myself."

"Well, I'm here to fix that."

She said, as I scoffed, she scoffed back.

"You think I can't do it?"

"Eva this is permanent, I'm not giving you false hope-"

Placing her finger on my lips, she developed a look of her own.

"You're not giving me anything, I'm telling you, I'll bring you back."

As we both lowered our hands, I crossed my arms chuckling, eventually, Eva joined in as we laughed together.

"See? I'm already in you're head."

Rolling my eyes, a smile grew on my face as Eva pulled me along for the rest of the tour. Flynn showed me to my room, it was like a dorm, I half wanted Eva to be in there but that's too much temptation. Speaking of, me and Eva fist-bumped before heading into our rooms. Hers is right across from mine so win-win I guess. Now I'm bored, I have nothing to do-

"Hello, Blake."

I jumped out of my skin, suddenly my lights turned on with an AI system built into the room. Darkness seeping back into me, the system spoke again.

"I am your AI companion, would you like to give me a name?"

"Karen."

"Karen has been saved, is there anything you want?"

Licking my teeth, I said.

"Taking a shower would be nice."

"The bathroom is to you're right."

Walking in, the lights flicked on with towels and soap already placed, expansive space too. This was really starting to freak me out. Locking the door I stripped out of the straitjacket and undies than really saw the difference from the darkness. Symbols ran up my arms and down my chest and legs. I opened the door and stepped into the shower. Twisting the nob for the hot water, it streamed down my body, as I combed my wet hair back with my hands. My mind started to drift off, what if this is how it works? The more we cooperate the better benefits we get? I like this, this may be something to get used to.

"Clothes have been placed on your bed."

Karen said as I used the soap to clean all my essential areas and dried off with the towel. Drying my hair, I wrapped the towel around my waist walking back into my room. Changing into the clothes, it was a navy blue shirt and shorts. I sat on the bed, I almost sunk into it though from how soft it was. I haven't slept in weeks but can't hurt to try. Stretching out onto it, I rested my head on my hands.

"Is there anything else you would like?"

"Can you play classical music? I wanna try sleeping."

"Very well, shall I dim the lights?"

"Yes, please."

As the lights dimmed, and classical music began to play, I turned on my side pressing my cheek into the pillow. Funny enough I just remembered my bloodlust, and it's not gone. But I'm not an idiot I just have to wait for the perfect opportunity. Closing my eyes, I focused on the space I was in where I accepted my darkness, and after a blink, I was there. This time though I was on the other side of the wall, all black clothing and all. Laughing I kicked up water spinning in delight.

"I told you you'd like the power."

"Yes, you did."

I replied to my darkness, a devilish smile growing.

"You have bloodlust, why not act on it?"

"It has to be smart though, I'd like to be alive after it-"

"The whole point of power is to revel in it."

"Someone is impatient, okay how about when I reach the next level we'll reach havoc deal?"

"Deal."

Birds chirping filled my ears, as I groaned sitting up slightly. It wasn't much better, but being able to sleep passes the time through the night.

"Good morning Blake, Eva is waiting for you in the dining hall."