Darkness

I was severely bored but at least my darkness was quiet for a while, I spotted Hazel in an empty hallway and started to walk past but she said.

"Hey, come here."

Sighing, I spun around and leaned on the wall across from her.

"You know what you have to do."

Here she goes.

"I don't have to do anything."

"Is that you're darkness speaking or you?"

Hazel said as I scoffed, combing my hand through my hair.

"Look if there's something you have to say-"

"Eva won't make it, you know she won't, so you should keep your eyes open for others to prey on."

Gritting my teeth, I shoved Hazel into the wall slamming my hand inches from her head.

"Is that a threat?"

I said glaring as she crawled her fingers up my shoulder.

"You tell me, I'm only 23."

Suddenly her eyes blinked into a lustful look as I backed away from her, shuddering slightly.

"That's gross."

"But you're not denying it-"

"I'm leaving."

Putting my hands in my pocket, I looked up to see Eva but her look was dangerous.

"Were you considering it?"

"Eva-"

I screamed in pain as she snapped my leg the wrong way, I held it as I groaned, Eva kneeling down to me with blood red pupils searing.

"Don't lie."

"I would never lie to you..."

Looking straight in her eyes, no matter how much it hurt I told the truth.

"I was."

That was all Eva needed to hear, after snapping my leg back to normal, she walked off. Slamming my hand into the ground I knew I screwed up. Even if it was only for a second, I really thought about shacking up Hazel if Eva ever died.

"Don't look so down-"

Choking Hazel with my darkness, lifting her up into the air slightly I said with tears in my throat.

"Shut. Up."

"Blake-"

"Don't, just don't."

Flynn slowly made two steps toward me before stopping.

"If you kill her, you can't go back."

"I don't care, she's manipulated enough people, protect Eva okay?"

"Blake! NO-"

But it was too late, I snapped Hazel's neck like a toothpick dropping her corpse. Two seconds after that alarms blared through the floor, as I found a balcony and jumped through the glass just in time. The building was going on lockdown, windows, and doors being covered shut-in metal. Focusing my darkness towards my feet. I scaled down the side of the wall, before covering myself in an orb to take the impact of my fall through the trees. It still hurt but a lot better than being painted on the pavement. Rolling onto the ground the darkness receded back in me, and I needed an escape route. A nice peak of woods was ahead, but so were at least 20 or guards of all types in the way of that. Fighting all of them would take too much energy, but I spotted a crane a few blocks away.

"You can't escape!"

Looking at the guards, then back at the crane I created a shield on my right arm then started to sprint. Blocking the gunfire, whenever I would start to get surrounded I would create a slingshot to save time and distance towards the crane. Speaking of, I was at the base of it now it was a matter of endurance. Splitting my darkness, one was guarding my bottom half the other was helping me scale up the crane with dark hands gripping the metal. Once I was at the top I climbed up regularly, I was being surrounded but I was very high up, it'd take a minute to get to me-

"Shoot, missed."

My darkness saved me that time, ricocheting whatever it was into my shoulder versus my head. As I pulled it out, it was a red feather. Gazing at whoever this was, he had huge wings that draped down to his feet a yellow jacket to match.

"Listen, man, I applaud for how far you've gone..."

Arching his wings up to attack again, I cracked my neck, because he gave me an idea.

"But it's over now-"

"It's not over till I stop breathing."

"That won't take long."

Creating an X with my arms, he shot more feathers at me and I waited till they were inches away to break it. The wave of darkness gave me a small opening to close the space between us, as I tackled him off the crane. He flew around trying to get me off, but I gripped tight using my darkness to guide him towards the woods. But with that gave me no brace as we crash-landed in the middle of the woods, rolling for a while before eventually sliding to a stop.

"You're pretty smart, but..."

Realizing I wasn't next to him anymore he sighed.

"Oh come on, where did you go?"

A few feathers were lodged in my chest and legs as I quickly pulled them out. Hiding behind a rock, I peeked my head out to watch his movements. I wasn't bleeding which already told me it was a bad sign.

"That darkness in you is pretty strong, but it should be hitting you by now."

I suddenly felt weak and barely slowed my stumbling, leaning on a tree I was getting dizzy.

"Don't worry though, it'll ease you down."

Groaning I eventually collapsed onto the ground, giving him my position as he kneeled down to me. I was still squirming on the ground, but I could already feel what it was dragging me down, poison.

"Though I have to thank you, I'll be taking Hazel's spot."

My vision split as I started to crawl slightly, seeing Eva in the corner of my eye before eventually going still.

"Ooh, there's the last of that strength."

Breathing slower, I could tell I was starting to hallucinate it felt like Eva was ruffling through my hair.

"Hey, it's time to go home."

There's my Mom.

"Don't be shy son, come with us."

And my Dad.

"I can't die yet..."

I muttered out, as Eva flicked my forehead.

"Luckily for you, it's not today."