Chapter Seven

"It's been four days and you're dragging me back here," said Bucky, following you round the mall carrying the Halloween decorations.

"You know you like spending time with me," you said, taking his hand. Being able to be alone with Bucky was amazing, you had loved spending time with him without anyone judging you or questioning what you two were doing. His scent was always nearby and it made you feel safe, you loved playing with his soft hair and when he would draw on your back with his fingers. You had even learned to love the metal arm.

Honestly being with Bucky had been the best thing that ever happened to you. He was just the most amazing person you'd ever met. And you knew that being with him was what made you happiest. You felt less stressed, and you took time away from work so you could spend time with him. When you needed to rant about your problems he would just sit and listen, and you would do the same for him. 

You had helped Bucky recover some memories, by buying him stationery. He had different coloured pens and highlighters for specific memories. You knew that this was private to him, but he would often share happy memories with you. And listening to him talk about what he used to have with Steve made your heart melt. He had deserved so much better than what happened to him. 

"So did you decide on a costume?" you asked as Bucky bought you an iced coffee. Which you had refused to at first, but he had insisted. 

"Nope, I was just going to wear some jeans and a shirt," he said, handing you the drink.

"That's the most unoriginal thing, even Steve dresses up," you said, messing with his hair. 

"Then I'll be the only one there not in costume, see, original," he said, you playfully punched his arm, and he took your hand.

You walked in and out of shops, acquiring bags of decorations, clothes you both liked, stuff for Bucky's room and you'd even found him a halloween costume, he was going to go as a prisoner, he had chosen it himself so you didn't want to say that almost everyone would wear that. So you individually texted all the guys on the team to tell them not to.

                                                            ---------------------

You put up the decorations, spending the rest of the night putting them all over the tower.

"This is so weird," said Bucky, "you guys just celebrate scaring people"

"Yeah i guess," you said, "it's fun tho,"

"I think my favorite part is your costume though," said Bucky. You smiled and kissed his cheek. He was so adorable. 

"Come on let's watch a Halloween film," you said, grabbing his hand. Bucky was still trying to catch up on modern day stuff. Like phones, and films. You would often make references to things that Bucky had no idea about. But he was learning, and he was okay with that. He got to experience everything for the first time. And what was even better. He was experiencing it with you.