How Far we Have Gone

Once we were awake we were on our way in less than ten minutes. The addition of Tubbo really lightened up the mood. He had the kind of personality that could make even the gloomiest of people smile. As we walked he made jokes, skipped along, danced, sang, and even hugged. We stopped for a moment to catch our breath as we were about halfway up a hill. We all turned when we heard a little squeal coming from Tubbo. A little bee had landed on his finger. He was smiling and talking to it. I almost smiled when an image flashed across my face. It was the dead burglar but it wasn't him it was Tubbo. Bleeding out in front of my eyes. My smile faded and I told them all to hurry up.

As we continued up the mountain I spaced out. My mind was going wild. Wild with thoughts that I didn't think. It's as if someone was inside my mind speaking to me through my own train of thought. Suddenly I was broken out of my trance. Why do people keep doing that?

"Lana, it's starting to snow." Tubbo put his coat on.

"Let's keep pressing on. We're more than halfway there," I continue leading the group. As we walk it gets cooler and cooler. Once we reached the top of the hill we decided to camp there for the night.

As usual, I was manning the fire and feeding it regularly as if it was a pet I refused to neglect. The snap of a stick interrupted me staring into the fire as I continued to blanket I was working on. Again?  How many people are on this trail? My head snaps up as I start to see thermal once again. Another human figure could be seen not too far away.

For no reason at all this person seemed more threatening than the boy we had picked up about a week ago. I stood up and pointed my crossbow at the figure. "Who are you?!" I prepared to shoot.

The person took a few steps forward making me aware of the weapon he holds and the other two figures I could see in my peripheral vision.

"I should be asking you the same thing." The two figures came up beside the first one.

"You are pretty close to our site. What are you doing out here at this time?" Neither of us dropped our weapons.

"I'm on my way to Sleepy Bois. I'm not here to cause any trouble."

"I'll lower my weapon if you do." The man slowly started lowering his weapon and I followed.

Once both of our weapons were down he and his other friends sat across from me. That's when my thermal vision went back to normal. Funny. This is normal for me. I look at them and make a few observations. The one in the middle called himself Dream. He took off his mask setting it on the ground. He must have thought I had the vision of a normal person. He thought I couldn't see him. I shouldn't have been able to. He was wearing a brighter green top with a hooded cape on. He had freckles, blonde hair, and vibrant green eyes. No. Not both green. One of his eyes was covered. I decided not to question it.

The one left of him called himself George. He was wearing blue with red trim. Additionally, he had a pair of goggles, and just like Dream, he had a cloak. His hair was brown matching his eyes.

The last one to the right called himself Sapnap. Only one of them seemed to be using their real name. This one had a white bandanna visible under his black hair. He wore a white top with an emblem of fire embroidered into it. He also had himself a cloak.

A had noticed that they all had the same cloak: black, worn out, hooded, trimmed with red. It wasn't an intended red. This red was blood.

"Why are you going to Sleepy Bois?" George asked.

"It's too long a story... but to put it simply it was our runaway plan." I pull out some of the meat from a deer I had hunted and put it on the fire.

"Well, it just happens that we are also on our way to Sleepy Bois. We pretty much have the same reason. To put ours simply; our village was burned to the ground because of Schlatt."
Sapnap set his bag beside him.

"Here," I say as I hand an equal portion of meat to each of them. They seemed surprised so I decided to explain, "Don't worry we have plenty. It was hunted so it's pretty fresh."

They all began eating. I look at them all again. I hadn't noticed how thin they were before. Though upon a closer look at their bag they had plenty of meat to eat.

"Would you like to..." they all looked at me, "Join us on our way to Sleepy Bois?"

They seemed surprised. The two on the outside looked to the one in the middle. I presumed that Dream was their leader.

"Sure," he spoke after swallowing some meat, "I don't see why not. Common goal. However, I notice that you haven't spoken to the others about it."

I nod to him putting more wood in the fire, "I don't think they would even care at this point. We've been out here for a while they just want to get there as quickly as possible."

They agreed on it and started to set up their own camp close enough to see from ours. As I was sitting and sewing once again, I hear someone whisper my name. I turn to see Dream, ushering me to come to him. He was standing behind a tree waiting. I set my stuff down and walk over to him.

Out of nowhere, he pins me against the tree with a knife against my throat.

"What are you trying to do?" He sounded pissed off. I was flabbergasted had I done anything wrong?

Before I could respond he continued, "I'm not an idiot, don't try and trick me into thinking that you're human. Humans' eye colors don't change. What are you? What the fuck was that? And why are you acting all nice? Trying to gain our trust so you can kill us? Do you even know those people, or did you just hijack their camp?" Now I get it.

"Listen I don't even know what I am and neither does anyone I'm with. I've been trying to convince them the eye color changes are just a trick of the illumination. I just figured out that I'm not human about a week ago. I don't have control over any of that stuff." I ramble but he seems to get the message.

He is silent for a while before letting me go and saying, "You better get control of that. Because if you don't it will control you. And you will do something you will regret."

I was stationary there. Astounded. He was right but it was obvious he knew what he was talking about. It probably had something to do with the one eye he keeps covered. Even if I wondered I wasn't about to go ask. I realized that I left the fire unattended and run back to it.

As I sat there I started to become sentimental. Wondering about what would have happened if Wilbur had never come to visit. Everything would be so different. How far we've come because of him...

Yet I still...

Felt that...

He would be the death of us.

I'll use A/N as an author note.

Dun Dun Dun...

I wasn't planning on any ships but if there's one you want I'll consider it. Unless the people aren't comfortable or it would fuck up the whole storyline.