Spreading the Rotten Knowledge

I am awoken by the luminous beams of the sun. People always say that being illuminated by the morning sun is the best way to wake up. Needless to say, I do not agree with that statement. It isn't even a statement, it's an opinion. I was ruthlessly blinded by the sun. What a wonderful way to start what I am sure will be a stressful day. The weight of yesterday was slowing my process. I was uneased by the cryptic information I had heard late last night. All I needed to know was who had Tommy. Was he really endangered?

What worried me slightly more was the fact that I had already soaked the white shirt I had been wearing in blood. I decided to focus on things one at a time. I went back to my bag getting even more bandages. I would run out soon enough and have to ask, which would be awkward. If Nikki knew what I had been doing to myself, she would have a panic attack. I don't want to be the one to cause her harm, so I hide it. Lucky for me this closet was full of long-sleeved sweaters, shirts, and many jackets and cardigans.

As I made my way to the closet my mind began to wander, which had become a common occurrence. I looked through all of the clothes and saw that a good amount of them aren't overly fancy. These are guest rooms, I wasn't expecting royal robes. I could almost hear Nikki's response as I looked at the short-sleeved clothes. I select a black, long-sleeved sweater, some boots, a pair of dress pants, and a hooded jacket, beige in color.

Following that, I took a shower cleaning the wounds lining my left arm. I got dressed and left the closet to see a very confused guy standing in my room with a basket in his arms. I got closer and recognized George. Upon closer inspection, the basket contained the now clean clothes of our journey. I decided to talk to him, as to vanquish the confusion. I stopped half a meter away from him, "Hey, what's up."

"AH!" he jumped and put his hand to his heart calming down, "You didn't have to sneak up on me like that."

I must have scared him, it was evident from the involuntary pout tracing his face. Though he was still catching his breath I couldn't help but chuckle. Laughing isn't something that happens to me often. If I were him I would be proud of myself. "Sorry," I help him pick up some of the clothes that had flown out of the basket, "It's fine. I can fold them, thank though!"

He nodded handing the basket to me. "Anyways, breakfast is happening soon. You should hurry to meet the others," he nodded to me and left. He is a strange man.

I set the clothes on my bed for later and start making my way to the dining room. I sauntered, not in a big-time rush. I pushed open the door and walked in with my hands in my pockets. I greeted all of them and continued to the one open seat left. Though everyone was chill and making simple conversation, I was nowhere near chill. Technoblade was staring at me. Presumably about the limit he had set on telling all of them my secret. Dream was also glaring at me every so often. He was salty about how I kept lying to my friends. Since he couldn't taunt me he just glared.

Philza waltzed into the room and sat at the head of the table. He introduced everyone, including the staff working there. Everyone was chatting as the appetizers were delivered. As I poked it with my fork I realized what it was. French Fries? I am far from disappointed. It was unexpected but none the less a superior choice. My evaluation of the clearly superior fries was interrupted, much to my dismay Phil had an announcement. I just wanted to compare these fries to the ones Nikki and I had at home. No, not home that place was anything but home. 

"Everyone," the entire room went completely silent, the power this man holds, " I have been updated of the whereabouts of my beloved son Tommy."

Both Wilbur and Techno snickered at the word beloved. They earned a hard glare from Phil. Phil decided to ignore it and continue. I was relieved that he was finally going to tell me who had Tommy that was so dangerous.

"A traveler found him and requests a trade of equal value for him," that puzzled me. No traveler would have the guts to threaten Tommy. That's it. Phil... he's lying. Why? Was this a bigger deal than I had thought.

"Also,"  my heart skipped a beat as I noticed the same detail as Phil had, "Where is Tubbo?"

He started asking things like 'Who was the last to see him' and 'Did anyone wake him up'. My stomach churned, God no. Tubbo was the other person who was listening like me last night. He had to be. My mouth dried as I figured out what had happened. Tubbo had gone after Tommy. He knew who had Tommy and he was going to die trying to reach him. When I began this journey, the last thing I thought I would be doing is mentally preparing myself for the death of a small, bee loving, bean.

Suddenly, I wasn't hungry anymore. Phill told someone to look for him and reassured everyone falsely. Wilbur and I locked eyes and I immediately looked away. After a while of eating and nervous conversation the man came back and whispered something to Phil. Something that I only heard because I was anxious and as I had learned, strong emotions heightened my senses. And what I had heard was that they couldn't find Tubbo.

Phil sent everyone back to their rooms except for Techno and Wilbur. As I was about to walk out Wilbur stopped me. Cold sweat spread across me. "Wait," He said causing me to freeze knowing that this is about to be difficult. I knew too much and Will knew that. He also knew that I knew where Tubbo had gone. I was afraid. Not of dying, but of the 'Advanced Interrogation Techniques' I had heard about. Some said that they take the person you love most and torture them instead right in front of your eyes.

"Why don't you stay? I think you could help," Wilbur's cold look petrified me. Why are these people so scary. I don't usually get scared but this is a massive exception.

"...Okay... I'll stay."