Chapter 17: Meet the Family

Here we go. another chapter. Disclaimer everything besides Yumi and her family belong to Takeshi Konomi. Happy reading.

----/:;;()):::

Training was now over and it was time to pick members. I gave my insight on each member. It was now up to Kunimitsu to choose players to compete. It was either Fuji or Echizen. I seen their matches and from what I understand, they had not lost a match yet. We announced the players who were going to play in the tournament. I knew Kunimitsu chose not to pick Echizen. I think I knew why, but I decided not to say anything about it. He had his reasons.

Now we were heading home. We got off the bus. We saw Echizen talking to Dan and he ran off. Tezuka, Taka, and I walked up to Dan. Kunimitsu wanted to know why Echizen ran off. Dan told us that a kid from America has been wanting to have a tennis match against Echizen and has been beating other players. I got worried.

We found Echizen at a street tennis court. There was a match going on and Echizen froze at the side of the court. I looked at the players. The American boy won the match and proceeded to ask Echizen for a match. Echizen was about to play. "Stop," Kunimitsu yelled out. He told them that a goodwill tournament was about to start and he would not permit the match to happen. I understood at a certain extent.

We were about to leave but, Echizen ignored Kunimitsu. Echizen proceeded to play. He went to his bag to get his racket. Kunimitsu walked up to him and backhand slap him. I covered my mouth with my hand in shock. Echizen listened this time and we all left.

Kunimitsu walked me to my new home. Before I walked into the house I heard Kunimitsu apologize. "What for?" I asked. "I'm sorry that you had to see me slap Echizen," he said. "Its ok. I understand," I said. I gave him a peck on the cheek and he gave me a kiss on my forehead. I said goodbye and went inside the house.

Next day....

Kunimitsu came over to pick me up to go visit the hospital to visit Ryuzaki-sensei. Dad and mom met him trusted him to take care of me. Today, I was going to meet his family. Also, I was sleeping over because my parents were going to work late.

We got to the hospital. Kunimitsu and Ryuzaki-sensei talked. She apologized for calling us to come to Japan to coach. She knew that Kunimitsu would rather participate in the tournament than to be a coach. We left the room and ran into Sakino. She wanted to know why Echizen was not chosen. He explained to her his reason.

After an hour, we made it to his home. It was beautiful. We went inside and saw his mother, Ayana. waiting for us. "Welcome home, Kunimitsu. Is this the girl you talked to us about?," she asked. "Hai," he said. "Hanai Yumika desu. You can call me Yumi. Nice to meet you ," I said and bowed nervously. "Nice to meet you too. Kunimitsu told us so much about you. Come in. Kunimitsu, can you take her bag to the guest room please," she asked. "Hai," he said and went up the stairs.

I was about to follow him but, Ayana grabbed my arm and led me to the living room where his father and grandfather were sitting. I could see where Kunimitsu got his looks from. They gave me the chills down my spine. "Ah, this must be the girl," his grandfather spoke. "I'm going to get tea," Ayana said and left me at the doorway. I was shaking. {Where's Kunimitsu?}