Chapter 15: Guard

(LazyInu: I found out yesterday that someone actually commented on my posts! :) I also found out that there were 6 unique readers too! It may not seem like much, but I'm glad to see the support. It was a bit depressing having not much of a response, although I wasn't expecting much. Just seeing that there are indeed views/people who want to read this novel encourages me. Thank you all so much!)

It seemed that his gaze was sensed because Huo Bin suddenly turned his head in his direction. Qin Nuo was too late to react and the two people's eyes met in a hurry.

Huo Bin smiled, raised his hand, and put his sword back into the scabbard. Then, he lifted his feet and came over.

Meanwhile, Qin Xun had just picked his men and when he returned to the stage, he greeted, "Well, isn't this the second son of the Huo Clan."

"The second son of the Huos returned to Beijing just last month. He was arranged to serve in our camp." Jia Pi explained.

Huo Bin is still very respectful to his superiors, so arching his cupped fists over in a courtesy, he said: "You are polite, Lord Shu. I am now the Captain of the Left Military Camp."

"I didn't expect us brothers to become colleagues." As he said that, Qin Xun patted Huo Bin's arm. Qin Xun has this ability to connect to anyone he knows of.

Huo Bin also responded with a smile. The two talked for while when Huo Bin's eyes fell on Qin Nuo. "After leaving for a long time, it seems this is the first time I've seen the Ninth Highness."

Who wouldn't act? Qin Nuo laughed: "The second son is polite. I just watched the second son's sword shine in the light. It's exquisite."

Huo Bin, after being given a layman's compliment, took it seriously, and laughed: "I heard that His Highness was interested in martial arts in the palace. I am also a martial artist."

Before waiting for Qin Nuo to answer, Qin Xun laughed next to him: "My brother, you look weak, but you're actually really strong. If you practice martial arts, you are definitely going to be a first-class master."

"Qidi has given me too much credit. I just eat more than others." Qin Nuo said lightly.

They talked a for another while, but Huo Bin suddenly asked, "I heard that there is a palace girl named Lu He beside you."

Qin Nuo tightened his gaze and laughed, "Yeah, you even heard her name?"

"Lu He, she is the pillow partner of Jiudi, but it is unfortunate. She fell into the water and died a few days ago." Qin Xun said with a big grin.

At this moment, Qin Nuo sincerely thanked Qin Xun for his big mouth.

At first, Huo Bin was surprised because he did not expect that Lu He turned out to be Qin Nuo's room attendant. However, a man who cares for others' women for no reason is always rude. He immediately apologized and said, "I was impolite. A servant in my house is said to have an elder sister named Lu He, who had been sent to the palace. He had always wanted to inquire about her."

"So it turned out that the relatives of Lu He are worried." Qin Nuo laughed, passing by. It seemed like his heart was secretly alert for no reason. How could Huo Bin be the one behind Lu He?

Qin Xun didn't care about slaves, so his attention turned back to the guards he had just selected.

He rubbed his hands excitedly at Qin Nuo. "General Jia, Jiudi, what do you think about the people I chose?

Qin Nuo looked at them. Sure enough, Qin Xun selected several of the biggest fighters in the team. One by one, they were lined up, and their strong male hormones were breathed towards him. Qin Nuo felt that he was going to go blind.