{13} Somebody To You

{Title of the chapter from Somebody To You by The Vamps}

October 18, 2019

Two more years and it is over. Just two more years and you are free.

Maybe repeating that in his head over and over again would help. Gilbert is at the library finishing an essay for his Clinic Biochemistry class. The teacher assigned it as soon as the students set foot in the class, how thoughtful. 10,000 words. How does Ms. Martin expect him to write that many words? He has been stuck at 8 thousand for the last three days. I mean, there is so much you can say about the biochemical exploration of the diseases of the glucose metabolism, but not that much.

Ugh

A cup of coffee would be nice right now. Sleeping would be nice too, but there is no time to sleep. This essay had to be finished yesterday; at least he still has the weekend to finish it. Maybe he should take a break, he has been staring at the screen for the last 30 minutes without writing anything.

Gilbert started to put his books, his laptop, and his pencil case inside his backpack when someone tapped his shoulder.

Bianca

“Hi, B” He greeted.

“Hello,” They smiled, her pearly white teeth showing. “You’re leaving?” Bianca said once they noticed what he was doing, their smile fell.

“Uh, yeah, my brain is kind of dead right now, I was going to get some coffee” He explained, “You can come with me if you want?”

“No, it’s all right, I just got here actually,” They said, “I saw you and thought I could join you, but it’s ok, go get your coffee. Not to be mean, but you kind of look like you need it” Bianca smiled again.

Gilbert laughed at that, quickly slapping his hand over his mouth, “Pardon” he whispered to the people around him at the library. Bianca snorted, trying not to laugh. “I- I know, I’ve been really stressed about this essay I have to write, I’m blocked right now. I’ve been staring at the screen the past half hour and I didn’t write a single word”

“Oh,” They frowned, “Ms. Martin?”

“Yeah, how did you know?”

“One of my friends is in her class, she’s been telling me about the essay you have to write”

“Uh,” Gilbert hummed, “I- yeah, it’s difficult, like I said, I’m very blocked right now”

“Well, don’t worry, I’m sure you’ll finish it soon and it’s going to be the best essay ever” Bianca smiled at him.

“Thanks, B” He smiled back, “I should,” he gestured with his thumb towards the door.

“Yeah, of course, right. I’ll- see you later, Gil”

“Yeah, bye” He nodded once and left.

It was truly a blessing that there was a café next to the library.

Gilbert needs coffee now please and thank you.

Coffee was the solution, maybe not one but two cups would help him.

“Gilbert!” Someone called just as he was opening the door of the café, “Hello, Monsieur Blythe I was looking for you”

“Well, Salut, Monsieur Baynard” He smiled, opening the door to let his friend in.

They sat on a table at the corner near a window. When they had their coffee Gilbert finally asked:

“So, why were you looking for me?”