iii

8:19 A.M.
Friday, February 2nd 2007

I sigh, resting my cheek on my hand as I plop down in my chair. It's Friday now. Sean and I have become friends, we usually do everything together. Anytime Brandy needs copies or something Sean comes with me. He usually keeps me company and he talks to me about random stuff. After having a few conversations with him I found out that he really like hunting? I don't like the idea of hunting very much. But he seems nice, and... I think I'm glad we're friends. Although I wish I could've connected with Brandy a little more. She doesn't seem to like me.

I haven't spoken to mystery man since Tuesday. But Ive seen him in the hallway from the copy room for a split second. Kind of like he's waiting for me. Yesterday when I was with Sean in there, I saw him walking towards me, but he stopped dead in he tracks when he saw us together, and turned around. I don't think he likes Sean very much. It made me sad that he left because I wanted to say hi.

"Hey." A voice behind me says. I turn around to see Sean giving me a bright smile. I smile back falsely. I want to talk to that guy again, even though he makes me nervous and he scares me a little bit, he seems nice and I want to be friends with him.

"Hey." I reply.

"You're hair looks nice today, Miss Rose." He tells me in a soft tone with his hands behind his back. I don't like when he talks to me like that. It makes me uncomfortable for some reason.

"Thanks."

"Brandy needs me to take a file to someone. Want to come with?" He asks. Not really, but I don't want to be rude so I stand up.

"Sure." I say with a nod.

"Cool." He turns around and starts walking. I follow behind him, now wishing I didn't agree to go. It's nothing personal about Sean, it's just that... he's a little too comfortable around me. And I wanna see mystery man again.

"Who- who are we giving it to?" I ask, catching up with him. He seems shorter than mystery man. I should probably find something else to call him.

"Uh... some guy on the 54th floor." He tells me with a shrug. I lower my brows. I wonder if it's the same guy from Tuesday?

"Okay." I nod.

"So... how has your first here week been so far?" He asks. I think for a second. The first word that comes to mind is "interesting." Next is "intimidating."

"Pretty good."

"That's good. I'm glad you like it." He smiles. We step inside the elevator and he presses the "54" button. About halfway through the ride, I feel his eyes on me. They're aren't nearly as piercing as... his, but... they make me feel weird. Now there's an awkward silence.

"Do you have a boyfriend?" He asks in a strange tone. Why does he want to know that? I've never had a boyfriend before... and now that I think of it that's a little embarrassing.

"N-no..." I shake my head and look up at him. He frowns.

"How could that be?"

I shrug. What does that even mean? I just... don't have a boyfriend. I'm too scared to have one. And I don't think anyone likes me like that anyway.

"You're telling me someone as pretty as you is single?" He says in confusion. My cheeks turn red. He thinks I'm pretty?

"I'm... I'm not pretty." I say quietly.

"I think you are." He tells me. I look down at my feet to avoid his eyes.

"Thanks." I whisper. I don't really like the way he said that. It made my skin crawl or something. Now that I think about it, I'm not too glad we're friends. I want to run away now... he's giving me bad vibes. When the elevator opens I take in a deep breath and follow Sean down the hallway.