vi

3:02 P.M.
Wednesday, February 7th 2007

"Can you take care of him please? I need to use the restroom." Brandy tells me, referring to the man who just walked in. I give her a close lipped smile and a nod.

"Sure."

I look at the man, he's a older, probably 60 something. He looks like... someone who's really important. I don't know why he gives me that vibe.

"I can help you over here, sir." I tell him. Usually I'm too nervous to talk to people that I don't know very well but I kind of signed up for this job so I've been forced to get used to it. I think he's the last person before we close today so I can finally go see Ronald.

"Oh thanks." He smiles, walking over to me. He has a thick British accent.

"Are you here to make an appointment?"
I ask and look down at the computer screen. Brandy taught me how to check the schedule and make appointments easily.

"No, actually I need you to take something to Mr. Jackson for me." He smiles, setting his briefcase in front of me. I blush, I don't wanna give anything to him... I would pass out.

"Oh, I don't think we're allowed-" he cuts me off.

"Tell him it's from a Mr. John Poole. He'll know who you're referring to." He opens the briefcase and pulls out a manilla envelope. I hesitantly take the envelope from him and start writing his name on a sticky note.

"Okay... and um, how do you spell your last name, sir?" I ask looking up at him.

"P-o-o-l-e." He says.

"Thank you. I'll go give it to him now." I stand up. What if his office is locked? I can just knock right? But then he might not let me in... or what if he's not there?

I'll guess I'll just worry about it when I get there.

"Great, thanks." He smiles. I nod and walk past him, heading for the elevator. I tap my foot on the floor as I wait for the elevator to open. I hope the elevator stops working so I don't have to do this. Then I'll have to take the stairs and it'll take longer or something.

After a moment the elevator chimes and opens its doors allowing me to step in.

༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒

I stand in front of the door, letting out all of the air in my lungs. As I bring my hand up to knock, the door opens abruptly.

"Rose? What are you doing here?"

I meet his eyes. Oh...

"I'm... just bringing something up to Mr. Jackson." I tell him nervously. He steps aside and motions for me to come in.

"What is it?" He asks looking down at the envelope in my hands.

"I don't know, but the man who gave it to me said his name was Mr. John Poole and that Mr. Jackson would know what it's about." I tell him. He nods.

"Just set it on his desk, then." He points to the desk.

"Okay." I walk over and set it down. My heart rate picks up as I feel his eyes on me, I look down at my feet. He doesn't seem happy.

"You haven't told him." He states. Short and simple. I lose my breath. How does he even know that? And why is he so adamant about me doing it?

"No... I haven't."

He takes a few steps forward closing the gap between us. I can see his shoes in front of mine. And I can almost smell his breath.

"Why not?" He asks. There's so much tension, and it's quiet. Dead silent. If I breathe he'll be able to hear it... that's embarrassing.