xii

10:36 A.M.
Saturday, February 10th 2007

"No, I'm sorry."

"...it's okay, I already told you, I'm not mad." I assure him.

"No, Rose... I-I slept with someone..."

I stay quiet, not knowing how to react.

"Rose..."

"Rose!"

I sit up quickly, taking a deep breath. I feel like I was just suffocated.

I look to my side seeing Michael standing over me.

What..?

"Michael?"

"God, you scared me. I couldn't see you breathing for a second." He smiles a little, laughing at himself.

"What?" I ask rubbing my eyes.

"Wait you... you didn't just tell me you slept with someone??" I ask feeling extremely confused. Must have been a dream.

He gives me a look.

"I hope not.. are you okay?" He asks.

I grab his arm, looking for the cut from earlier.

Huh.. it was a dream. So does that mean...

"Did we have sex?"

"Yeah... did you have a bad dream?" He sits down next to me, rubbing my back.

I furrow my brows.

"I guess so."

"Awe, I'm sorry." He pouts before kissing the side of my head. Butterflies.

"How long was I asleep?" I ask. He shrugs.

"A long time. You've been in and out for a while. I was starting to get worried." He tells me, tucking a lock of hair behind my ear.

I try to stand up but the soreness between my legs becomes too much for me to move any further. I wince as Michael grabs my hand, seeing that I'm struggling.

"Are you sore... between your legs?" He asks softly, trying to get me to sit back down.

"Yeah. It's not bad though I can walk."

"No, I can carry you if you want."

"Uh uh. I need to use the restroom." I tell him and try to stand up again.

"Well I can at least carry you over there." He insists. Why does he want to carry me so bad? I just want to go to the restroom on my own.

"I said no, Michael." I state firmly before taking a surprisingly painless step forward.

"... sorry. I was just trying to help." He tells me sounding a little defeated. Now I feel bad... Letting out a sigh, I turn around to look at him and then decide to sit on his lap. His expression is kind of shocked.

"I didn't mean to be rude, I'm sorry." I wrap my arms around his neck to hug him tightly.

"Its okay, I know." He rests his chin on the top of my head lightly.

I stay like that for a while, just enjoying the feeling of being close to him and having his warmth. There's something about him that makes me feel so protected and safe and I... I really like it.

"Michael?"

"Yeah?"

"C-can you kiss me?" I ask, letting go of him. A little amused smile spreads across his pale pink lips. My eyes close at the feeling of his hand grabbing my face in a gentle yet firm manner. His thumb on one check with the rest of his four fingers on the other. I lean forward in anticipation, craving the feeling of his lips against mine. He finally connects them, engaging in a slow calm kiss that somehow feels eager at the same time.