Broken

4 day later

Katara didn't cry much after what happened that day. Suki and Katara talked it out, "I have been in so much pain the last year and after everything that had happened, I am not even angry at Aang or Ongi. Now that I come to think of it, I still love Aang but he doesn't love me back and that's okay, all I want is friendship and respect and I have that, thanks to you, my brother, Toph, and even Aang," Katara said, smiling to her with Suki's hands in her. Suki looked at her in awe with a smile and wiped her tears away and hugged her.

"If you ever need anything, and I mean anything, just call me," Suki told her and left the room.

Katara leaned back and closed her eyes with her hand on her mother's necklace. Just because he is not my boyfriend doesn't mean we can't have each other. She went down and saw Toph sitting on the table and Aang laying on the couch who got up at the sight of her.

"Katara, can I talk to you?" Aang asked her. But Katara really wasn't in the mood for it not because of their relationship problems but because she really wanted to talk to Toph. Unfortunately, she couldn't think of any excuse.

"Um, sure," Katara replies with an unenthusiastic smile.

They both walked out and strolled on the beach. Sokka and Aang had been really distant since that day, but Toph and Suki continued talking to Aang. Zuko and Aang had become particularly close for some reason, they also kept mumbling things to each other. Katara was the first one to break the silence.

"So how is it going with Sokka," Katara asked Aang genuinely worried, "I know how my brother can be."

"Honestly, not so good, I try talking to him but he usually pushes me away," Aang replied.

"Maybe I should talk to him, I don't want you to lose a friend because of me," Katara said smiling, she was about to put a hand on his shoulder but she tried her best not to touch him.

"Really! But it wasn't really your fault that day I-" Aang started.

"You know, it doesn't matter, you lost a friend and it's up to me to help you," She said triumply.

"Okk...why would you want to help me?" Aang asked

"What do you mean? I am your friend and Sokka is my brother, you're both lost without each other, can I not help?" Katara replied.

"Friend...right. Hehe" Aang chuckled nervously, "not really used to that".

This stopped Katara in her tracks, "Why not, we were friends when we met and we can be friends till we die, Aang, I never stopped being your friend". She said with a soft smile.

Aang smiled at her revealing his light dimple.

"I have a splendid idea!" Katara said jumping, she went over to Aang and by default, she held his hands, which he also didn't notice, "We all should go to this night club I found, it's great! What do you say?" She asked

"Well, I think it's a splendid idea," Aang said chuckling. They both burst out laughing until they silenced and Katara realized they were holding. NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!! She pulled away and looked down, avoiding Aang's sight. "Um I should go tell the others so they can get ready", Katara looked into his deep gray eyes, she got lost in them and replayed all her memories in her head.

"Katara, why r u crying?" Katara was dragged back to reality and felt tears on her cheek.

"It's nothing" Katara reassured.