Chapter 159: Where does lead take them?

The sun rises morning had come and yet still didn't have any updates for the case.

They had been waiting for a call from the abductors since midnight but still haven't received any.

It made Richard more worried than before, he didn't even had time to rest just for a minute.

He wanted to keep an eye on his son's case.

The CIDG had the search team working and appointed securities for the whole family while investigation was still on going.

Although tired and sleepless, Richard decided to come with the investigating team.

They will conduct their investigation for the possible suspects.

"Paul you should stay here with your mama and your sisters." Richard patted his son's back.

"Saan ka pupunta Pa?" He asked and stopped working on his laptop for a while.

"Precinct, we'll talk with Montano. Possible suspect siya, malakas ang kutob ko sa kanya."

Paul nodded at him then sat back on the couch and continued working on his laptop.

Richard made his way upstairs to get himself ready but checked on their girls first.

When he went to Hope's room, he immediately saw her fell asleep on her desk.

Sofia on the other hand, was resting on the couch.

Richard didn't bothered to wake them up.

And so he managed to gently closed the door again then head straight to their own room.

Right after opening their door, he saw his wife laying on their bed.

An instant feeling made him sat beside her as he gently reached for her hand.

"I'm sorry." He breathed before kissing it.

Letting it linger as he took that whole minute to stared on his wife.

"Richard?" She slowly opened her eyes then found her husband right in front of her. "Sorry I fell asleep."

"No, okay lang love you need to rest. It's been a rough day already for you."

He gave her hand a light squeezed before reaching her forehead to kissed it.

"You didn't sleep." Dawn cupped his face.

She can traced the tiredness on his face and definitely the sadness.

"I can't sleep, madami pang dapat asikasuhin."

"Want me to make something for you?"

"Hindi na aalis din naman ako. They will start to interrogate Montano, gusto ko nandoon ako."

"I want to come with you." She gently sat up on the edge of their bed.

"Love, huwag na ako na lang. You should just rest in here."

"Richard I know you, baka hindi mo mapigilan ang sarili mo kung sakaling magalit ka."

"For instances like that mas mabuti ngang nandito ka lang sa bahay."

Richard cupped her face then planted a kissed on her temple before he stood up.

"Baka mas makasama para sa inyo kung sasama ka pa. Ako, I can take care of myself."