38.

Liam

To say I was nervous was a complete understatement. I was going mad. It was New Years Eve, the day of the party that I was going to kiss Louis at. I spent the entire morning and afternoon running scenes of how I wanted it to go in my head. I was just a bit afraid that maybe it wouldn't turn out at all like I imagined.

New text from Louis

Hey mate! What time should I come over?

To: Louis

Party starts @ 8. U can come earlier tho if u'd like!

New text from Louis

Is it ok if I come around 7:30?

To: Louis

Yeah

New text from Louis

Awesome! Be there soon!

I smiled, putting my phone back into my pocket and heading downstairs to the kitchen. Mum was there cooking, literally slaving over a hot stove.

"When's the food gonna be done?" I asked, hopping up onto the kitchen counter a foot length away from the stove.

"Should be soon," she answered. "Is that boyfriend of yours coming?"

"Louis isn't my boyfriend," I quickly said. "Best mate, has been for four years."

"He'll be your boyfriend soon enough," she said casually, stirring whatever she was cooking in a large pot. I shook my head and jumped down from the couknter and joined my dad in the living room.

Your mum almost done with the cooking?" He asked me. "I'm starved."

"Ah she said it should be done soon. Smells good, huh?" He nodded.

"Can't wait for this party to start. I'm ready to eat a ton and get smashed." I laughed.

"Please don't embarrass me tonight," I begged.

"No promises, bud."

-----------------

New text from Louis

I'm here!

Louis arrived at my house around 7:48. He was the fifth guest to appear. Mum and dad had invited some of their coworkers that they considered friends and some of our family. The first three guests were family then the fourth was one of mum's coworkers and her husband.

I made my way out front to greet Louis, who was still sitting in his raggedy old car. When he saw we walk out, he quickly got out and came over to me.