The City of The Damned

The City of The Damned... or rather as it is most well known as... The City Below Man.

The city that lies below humans as we know it, it is said to be an exact copy of the world above it... humans, homes, buildings, everything... an exact copy of the world as we know it... only this city... if home for the souls of the damned, humans made from madness.

All who have entered this place have never returned... and if they did, they were never the same.

All who survived have roamed the streets of their hometown with fear in their step. They are said to never speak again, only with the words...

"The end of man is the beginning to a new reign!"

Though, it is never understood of what they mean by this. It is suspected that the witnesses of the city have seen something that cannot be explained.

A professor who wishes to remain anonymous has said to keep the witnesses locked in asylums, for they could no longer function as proper human beings.

The witnesses never sleep, never eat, never drink, they behave irrationally, and they are never the same. Most witnesses either die from heart attacks or thirst. The ones who live will mumble the phrase, "Must stay awake, can't let them out." Though, it is never confirmed of who "Them" is.

When one of these witnesses were asked about their phrase, the response was... unpleasant.

"We must stay awake, we can't them come to the world above! Society abandoned them for a reason! They are a failed project with brutal intentions to the humans above! We cannot let them above! You have to close the hole! We cannot allow them!"

The questions did not proceed further than that.

Though when asked about what they saw the answer was interesting.

"Beyond the doors of wrath and madness, lies a world exactly like ours, only it is run by 3 figures! Figures who wish to keep their world in order! Anybody who dares to step out of line is then never spoken of by the people of The City Below!"

Further investigation was seen as too risky, though it was even riskier leaving the areas of the world below seemed dangerous... they could not risk the fragile minds of more people.

What lays below us? It is better if you just never knew. Those who let their foolish minds wonder into the city below... well... let's just say the never make it out alive, if they do...

They barely function.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Idk, I thought the story was interesting. Anyways, hope this brought some entertainment, I have not eaten anything and will after writing this.

If you want to know more about this world, then let me know.

Either about the witnesses, the city below, or anything really.

Taylor over and out.