Chapter 7 - A Risk I'm Willing To Take

PLEASE READ THIS CHAPTER AGAIN.

SORRY__I changed quite a lot of parts by the end of this chapter__

But I promise you that it won't disappoint.

I dedicate this chapter to Jeanette Wang ;)

Thanks for the support :D I appreciate it.

 ( > . < )Y

xSophiax

__________________________

Xavier's POV

Vampire.

My body immediately tensed as I sensed an intruder approaching fast from the bedroom window, effectively waking me up from my deep sleep. I immediately hovered over my mate and covered her away from all the shards of glass flying across the room as the window breaks.

I turned away from my mate who was now wide awake and grabbed hold of the vampire's throat in an instant. The vampire was not fast enough to block my hold and struggled as I held him up in the air-making him grasp for his breath.

Despite catching me off guard by attacking in the middle of the night while most of the pack members were asleep, I was still able to subdue him.

"What do you want and how did you trespass my territory?" I growled in my low, menacing voice. The sound of my voice boomed across the room along with the filthy creature's strangled breaths as he tried and failed miserably in attempt to make me loosen my hold. I grinned devilishly as I see it flinch at my tone, cowering in fear from my power. But as soon as the words left from his mouth, my wolf immediately took over.

"Your mate."

I couldn't control my wolf as he went ahead and snapped the filthy cold-blooded creature's neck. Its body immediately stilled- signalling its death as I dropped the body across the floor. I couldn't care less since I wanted to do the same. My only regret was having to leave my mate no choice but to watch as I took away a life.

"X-xavier.." I immediately looked at my mate, fearing that she would decide to leave me. It was understandable, since she just witnessed what I was capable of but I still can't help but want her to stay, hoping that she could one day learn to accept me.

I searched her face for disdain but what I saw shattered my heart into a million pieces. I watched as she looked at me in fear as tears ran down her face. I took a step back and was confused when she hesitantly took a step forward-successfully closing the distance that I tried so hard to make in between us. I watched as she stepped even closer, reaching out to my face. I looked into her eyes as she cupped my cheeks and scanned my face. More tears streamed down her face as she apologized "I'm so sorry.."

I watched her in confusion as she continued. "Y-you're hurt because of me.."

"W-what?" I asked in disbelief as I stared at her, shocked. Here I am, thinking that she was going to reject and leave me but instead, she was afraid that I got hurt because of her...

"You're hurt because of-" I immediately grabbed her waist and buried my head against her shoulder. I held her tightly- afraid that she'll disappear from me.

Damn it.

I would risk everything- even my own life for her.

____________________